Autumn Leaves, great melodic death metal band or greatest melodic death metal band?

Page 1 of 5
Do any of the UG metal folk listen to Autumn Leaves?

I'm listening to Embraced By The Absolute atm, and it's seriously one of the best metal albums evar.
Last edited by i am the robots at Sep 8, 2007,
No, Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden would be the greatest metal album ever. But I'll give these guys a listen...
Quote by i am the robots
Ah, but is Number Of The Beast melodic death metal?!!1

it can be...>.>

EDIT
Huh...Just gave 'em a listen...they're pretty good. I'm not usually into full on death metal but i kinda like these guys
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Last edited by SchecterC-1+Man at Sep 8, 2007,
where can i listen to them? i looked them up on myspace and there's like 30 bands by that name.
Go Veg.
i've seen them live

meh
Last edited by Sinten at Sep 8, 2007,
for real? lucky bastard.

edit: nigga you aint seen ****

they broke up in 2001, you were a classic rock fag until like this past year.
you know who isn't lucky? these forums because autumn leaves isn't METAL
Quote by Terror Kovenant
They dont match up to some of the other great melodic death metal bands

let me guess, in flames, at the gates, stfu.

you know who isn't lucky? sinten because he's a subhuman redskin, gross.
to start a thread about autumn leaves omfg?

enough of the derailage, listen to that song 666 pounder.

sinten, i hate you, youve successfully derailed one of my few serious threads.
Quote by i am the robots
sinten, i hate you, youve successfully derailed one of my few serious threads.

i dont know what showing genuine concern over non-metal being posted in a metal forum has to do with derailing?
Quote by i am the robots
let me guess, in flames, at the gates, stfu.

you know who isn't lucky? sinten because he's a subhuman redskin, gross.

no, those two suck. Im talking about Arsis, Amon Amarth, God Dethroned...
Arsis sucks. Amon Amarth is good, not Autumn Leaves good though. God Dethroned isn't even melodic death.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Ok i listened to the song, it was alright but nothing spectacular or origional. Now what?

There is no hope for you, child.

Quote by Sinten
i dont know what showing genuine concern over non-metal being posted in a metal forum has to do with derailing?

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1112
Quote by i am the robots
There is no hope for you, child.

How old are you? You go around calling everyone 'kid' and 'child' and there is plenty of hope for me, just because i thought that song sounded like Amon Amarth.
Quote by 666_Pounder
How old are you? You go around calling everyone 'kid' and 'child' and there is plenty of hope for me, just because i thought that song sounded like Amon Amarth.

I am infinite.
you know what's terrible? i just realized i thought you were talking about some local hardcore band named autumn leaves fall
Quote by mortiis999
LOL @ At the Gates sucking. No ATG = no AA God Dethroned or Arisis dickhead.

At The Gates are one of the most overrated metal bands ever. Only a few songs from Slaughter Of The Soul are good, the rest is boring. And your statement is false because melodic death could have easily done without ATG, seeing as how one of the greatest bands of all time gave birth to the genre, not ATG
At The Gates is overrated, but they're freaking awesome.

Autumn Leaves > all other mdm.

Quote by mortiis999
^ 14 then?

14 is included in the continuum, yes.

Quote by Sinten
you know what's terrible? i just realized i thought you were talking about some local hardcore band named autumn leaves fall

rofl, i just thought you were doing some fail troll
Quote by Terror Kovenant
At The Gates are one of the most overrated metal bands ever. Only a few songs from Slaughter Of The Soul are good, the rest is boring. And your statement is false because melodic death could have easily done without ATG, seeing as how one of the greatest bands of all time gave birth to the genre, not ATG

Seeing as how "With Fear I kiss the Burning Darkness" launched all the other "Gothenburg bands". You clearly have no real knowledge of At the Gates whatsoever.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Well acording to your profile your 19, why don't you act like it for once?

lol, how am i being immature at all you little twat?

go listen to your corny ass children of bodom and complain about unoriginality.

and november's in 2 months fool.
Quote by i am the robots
lol, how am i being immature at all you little twat?

go listen to your corny ass children of bodom and complain about unoriginality.

and november's in 2 months fool

Wow ...... Just wow, i don't need to say anything else.
Quote by mortiis999
Seeing as how "With Fear I kiss the Burning Darkness" launched all the other "Gothenburg bands". You clearly have no real knowledge of At the Gates whatsoever.

It was Carcass who brought about melodic death metal and you can hear more Carcass influence in the greater melodic death bands than ATG influence. You clearly have no real knowledge of metal whatsoever
Quote by Terror Kovenant
It was Carcass who brought about melodic death metal and you can hear more Carcass influence in the greater melodic death bands than ATG influence. You clearly have no real knowledge of metal whatsoever

You don't know what you're talking about.

Carcass did not start melodic death metal.

Autumn Leaves formed in 1991, for one thing.

Dark Tranquillity was around when Carcass was still playing grind, At The Gates was playing mdm when Carcass was playing grind, Ceremonial Oath was around, etc.
^ LOL. Carcass and Death are important, but as for melodic death in the Gothenburg mould, ATG is the biggest influence. Listen to Amon Amarth. Clearly your elitest radar picked up on one semi-popular band and oyu went "RAR".

Seriously this is abudently clear by the fact you go "ATG scuk, but I love AA who sound so similar but are slightly less popular so I look cool."

EDIT to terror kov
Amon Amarth is more popular than At The Gates, currently, anyhow.

Terror Kovenant seems incredibly ignorant tbh.

Carcass blows btw.
Page 1 of 5