hey guys wassup, ive been playing for about 2 years with my same ol' crappy little 10 watts amp, but now i think its time for a change, i was thinking something under 400 dollars(canadian dollars) i already have a digitech rp80, and the ex-50 from ESP, but i dont really intend to use the digitech if the amp's distortion sounds better, and i wanna get like a modeling amp that'll sound good with effect's pedals and with its built it effects, marhsall? line6(yes i said that) ? well those two make pretty affordable amps, mesa, orange and other stuff can be a little expensive

oh yeah,i play stuff like, metal, thrash metal, punk, emo(fags), heavy metal, death metal, power metal, melo-death metal, rock, and a lot of old stuff like acdc, GN'R, aerosmith, deff lepard, zeppelin, and stuff
Hi !
If you want tube thechnology (the best !) you better buy a Ashdown Fallen Angel. I'm sorry I don't know how much it coasts in canadian dollard but in euros the stack are in 500€ price range (40 watts tube).
The Hughes and Kettner Matrix sounds nice too but it's not all tube, it's only a hybrid amp but it rocks!

Good Luck !

(Ps. The Ashdown is nick-named "Poor's Rectifier" so I swear you can reach a (THE ? !) mesa sound !)
Quote by amzrock
Hi !
If you want tube thechnology (the best !) you better buy a Ashdown Fallen Angel. I'm sorry I don't know how much it coasts in canadian dollard but in euros the stack are in 500€ price range (40 watts tube).
The Hughes and Kettner Matrix sounds nice too but it's not all tube, it's only a hybrid amp but it rocks!

Good Luck !

(Ps. The Ashdown is nick-named "Poor's Rectifier" so I swear you can reach a (THE ? !) mesa sound !)

Listen to him, That amp has everything you wanted.
It also covers your music tastes too.
whatever you do, don't get a line 6 or a marshall in that price range
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
whoa man...500 euros are a really lot in canada...btw how about the mg50s from marshall? they any good?
NO!

They are NOT good. MG's have problems. whatever you play with the MG, it will sound like your guitar is broken.
Don't go new, go used.
Peaveys are very common used amps at good prices.
The classic is excellent with excellent cleans (use the digitech or a distortion pedal if you need metal tones), or a valveking if you don't want to use a pedal. Only complaint that I have for the valveking is it seems to get noisy when you crank it, probably due to it's cheaper price and bad stock tubes, but for the price it rocks.
Just stay away from spiders and MG's, and you'll be fine.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
wow 66 % off.. if i had the money, id get it right this moment but i gotta wine a lil to my parents and then get a job, and lotso stuff so i guess by that time(atleast a month) the price is gonna go back eh?

and um...yo relaly think i shud buy old amps? well its not a guitar so i guess, it wont be killed by strange idiots XD...

and ill chek ebay

and wat? mg's will make my guitar sound broken? waddya mean? nyways im gonna be using a pedal most of the time, but still the amp is the core of the guitar tone so thats why i was asking, im not really gonna use the amp effects unless its wayy better than my effects
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Sep 8, 2007,
talked to my frend kev, he's got an mg30 or sth, he does gigs and ****, and its loud, it dusnt sound like a constipated person, and its pretty good, tried it, and i know what i am gonna do guys, now dat youve told me about good amps, ill go down to the store and chek em out, cause i wudnt wanna be playing every single amp in the store, they'd get a "no uglies allowed" sign XD...thanks for your help brothers
Vox Valvetronix maybe? Hybrid but has the modelling thing you were looking and it sounds sweeeeet
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit