i am going to need to get a subscription to a metal magazine for my music class as we need to show articles brought from home, not form the net, and that we are interested in. at 14 my cash is short and if im buying something i at least want it to be good, so what is, in your mind, the best metal magazine? and perferebly in the US as anywhere else will probably triple the shipping price.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
alternative press (ap)?
On this last beat,

my heart will freeze.

we'll end in harmony.

Quote by Thornography
I usually get lost after 3 words... maybe it happens to others.
Metal Maniacs. I love it! I think its only like 20 dollars a year , which isn't bad. You get a free poster every magazine too.
thanks guys, im probably going to go with metal maniacs. there site doesnt have much info as its being renovated but they sound good. zero tolerance looks good but is very expensive ordering anywhere other than Europe. someone else recomended decibel, are they an good?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I enjoy Metal Maniacs.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
damn, i didn't even think they were any metal mags. well, i knew there were probably some but i never bothered looking it up. i might subscribe to one. probably the one everyone keeps talking about.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Metallium and metal Hammer.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Metallium and metal Hammer.

metal hammer looks great, but like with most foreign magaziners the roices to subscirbe from the states is extravegent
Decibel is my magazine.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Terrorizer (death/black) and Rocka Rolla (doom/post/experimental) are very good.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
I always try to get Terrorizer (for me, the perfect mix of underground and comparatively popular metal). Metal Hammer has on/off months. This month's issue was pretty good, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy et al, but other months the issues are complete shit, when they put HIM and Trivium on the cover and other such tripe.

Zero Tolerance is a very good magazine, the reviewers know what they're on about and they have some articles on some pretty good bands. Sometimes it gets very underground. but IMO that's a good thing.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Kerrang!

<_<
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
^hey thats a good magazine...but its not really METAL
although I have issues with Dimmu Borgir and Celtic Frost
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Not Kerrang! it's way too mainstream and scene orientated. Go for Metal Hammer, I think you can buy it all over the world.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by The Evil Hat
i am going to need to get a subscription to a metal magazine for my music class as we need to show articles brought from home, not form the net, and that we are interested in. at 14 my cash is short and if im buying something i at least want it to be good, so what is, in your mind, the best metal magazine? and perferebly in the US as anywhere else will probably triple the shipping price.

Metal Maniacs is a pretty good mag, good coverage of bands that are skirted by most other more mainstream releases

edit: if I can get it in Australia, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to in the UK etc

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I get Metal Maniacs from time to time, i would subscribe, but cause its a UK mag (if memory serves me right) i think its too expensive to subscribe. I also read Metal Hammer time to time as well, depending on what bands they talk about. Cause i find it can change from metalcore, to metal to hardcore sometimes.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Quote by freddaahh
Not Kerrang! it's way too mainstream and scene orientated. Go for Metal Hammer, I think you can buy it all over the world.

Sorry but Metal Hammer for the most part is no better now. I stand by my rec of ZT and Terrorizer.
Zero Tolerance and Terrorizer are by far the best. Metal Maniacs is awesome too on the rare occasion I can get a hold of it here.

But Metal Hammer is pure shit, to be honest. Well, the Subterranea section aint bad, and they did have Down on the cover last. But thats like sprinkling dog crap with sugar.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Terrorizer fo' so'. Pricey, but I'm planning to subscribe soon.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor