Poll: What do you think of the film Tommy?
Poll Options
View poll results: What do you think of the film Tommy?
Love it
8 17%
Like it
11 24%
It's ok
7 15%
Quite bad
9 20%
Hate it
11 24%
Voters: 46.
I've played the silver ball
From Soho down to Brighton
I must have played them all
But I ain't seen nothing like him
In any amusement hall
That deaf, dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pinball

Some people love the film Tommy, others hate it, what do you think?

Personally, I love it as much as I love the album, and I've never seen the stage version, so I can't compare to that.
Personally, I think I haven't seen it.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

I liked it, even though my name is Tommy. I have seen the film but I haven't listened to the album.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

I thought the film was really weird and rather boring, apart from the church sequence with Eric Clapton in it. Also I thought most of the music was mediocre at best. I still like The Who though.
sorry about this but......................................huh?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
To all who are confused, 'Tommy' is a film based on the concept album of the same title by The Who. That, or the album was written for the film, I can't remember.

Basically, it's a film about a deaf, dumb, blind guy who pwns at pinball (hence the song 'Pinball Wizard'), among a lot of other things.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
can't say i've seen it, but i do know that his disciples lead him in, and he just does the rest.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by -February-Star-
To all who are confused, 'Tommy' is a film based on the concept album of the same title by The Who. That, or the album was written for the film, I can't remember.

Basically, it's a film about a deaf, dumb, blind guy who pwns at pinball (hence the song 'Pinball Wizard'), among a lot of other things.

Album was written for the film.
since i haven't whatched it i'll put it's ok based on your description
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Great music but the movie seems very dated now, a load of pretentious twaddle.

Incidentally twaddle is the most underused word ever.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Haven't seen it I'd love to though, I'm really up for getting back into British cinema after this thing I was watching last night.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I thought the movie was meh. I enjoyed it but would never set out to watch it again. Best to stick to the album.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Sounds even better than I thought it'd be.

I've been meaning to see it for ages. No excuse now, it has Clapton in it and pinball.
I think It has a lot of psychological contents, there is an interview where Pete Townshend explains the message of Tommy... I tought I had understood the whole film, but after listening Pete I became aware of a lot of concepts I didn´t know that were implicitly mentioned, such as narcissism, reaching a higher level of consciousness (which I think It´s pretty obvious, but some people - like my brother- they just don´t get it)

this interview took place in the beat club during the Tommy promos in August 27-28 1968, for those who haven´t seen this interview, please you should see it. It´s very interesting
Quote by darkstar2466
Heart attack due to cocaine use at an old age. You'll live long, but you'll die just like old Thunderfingers.
It would be awesome to die like my hero, thanks!

Quote by stanleybach
You are going to make a lot of people in this thread very happy.

oh damn
I haven't seen it. Quadrophenia is a ****ing amazing film though.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
I like The Who and though I don't think that Tommy is nearly their best album I think it's alright, I absolutely despise the film, though.
Quote by str84ever
Album was written for the film.

Wikipedia says the movie was made based on the album, unless I'm erading it wrong

But I havne't seen it, although I want to, my dad has the record on vinyl but I haven't listened to it yet
I love the album. The movie however was one of the most pretentious insipid pieces of crap ever to be recorded on camera.