hey.. i was wondering what the dif. between a seymour duncan jazz vs. a 59.

thx for any replies
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
jazz has warmer and (arguably, i guess) nicer cleans, '59 is more versatile, with much nicer overdriven tones (anything heavier than blues, basically), with still decent cleans. It's a bit brighter too.

EDIT: summary:

for only cleans, blues, and jazz: Duncan Jazz

for versatility (i.e. harder rock etc., but still decent cleans): '59.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, yeah. that's basically what i said though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
neither are that great imo. I'd spend a bit more and get a pearly gates personally. Better lead and soloing tone (which is all I use the neck for) than the jazz and much better cleans than the 59.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah, I guess...

The summary kinda made it like, in my eyes at least, "well, the Jazz can't be used for hard rock. Get the '59 for that."
Anywaaaaay...Just wanted to clear it up a bit more.

yeah, well that's what i was kinda implying. the jazz would do hard rock if you were stuck, but if you knew you were playing any amount of hard rock, i'd be looking towards the '59, to be honest.

good call on the pg too, ibanez 20th- i've only tried the bridge version, but it might be a good choice too. alnico II pro might be worth a look too, better lead tones than the jazz IMO, though it is pretty warm too- you'd need to find a similarly-eq'ed bridge pickup to not have problems with eq-ing in an ideal tone for both, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?