ok i need a new amp with effects, and my local pawn has the Crate 212T for $240, about 5 knobs are missing but pshah who cares...coems with footpedal and everything....should i buy it? or wait and get the Vox valvetronix 30w or try and find a flextone II combo?
Last edited by jcp42877 at Sep 8, 2007,
Wait, that's not really that great of a Crate and wouldn't be much of an upgrade from what you have now (eventhough I don't know what it is).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Wait, that's not really that great of a Crate and wouldn't be much of an upgrade from what you have now (eventhough I don't know what it is).

i ahve a 15w peavey blazer ....so its not that good? b/c i also have a guy who i can get a Vox AD30VT w/ foot pedal for $200 should i just get that even though its WAYYYYY down in wattage?
Quote by jcp42877
i ahve a 15w peavey blazer ....so its not that good? b/c i also have a guy who i can get a Vox AD30VT w/ foot pedal for $200 should i just get that even though its WAYYYYY down in wattage?

i tdon't have experience with the crate but i wouldn't buy it.
that vox better be almost new or tell ther guy he's crazy.
lower wattage doesn't mean it's worse ya know.
is is just for home practising ?
Quote by The red Strat.
i tdon't have experience with the crate but i wouldn't buy it.
that vox better be almost new or tell ther guy he's crazy.
lower wattage doesn't mean it's worse ya know.
is is just for home practising ?

i think it is somewhat new...ive seen a picture of the amp and pedal and they look in near immaculate shape...ya for practicing and for minor gigs..ive heard these Vox AD models can really scream for their low wattages
Quote by jcp42877

The AD30VT is a VERY loud amp for its wattage.

But yes, the crate isn't good at all, buy the Vox, no contest.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com