I want to be able to do all sorts of crazy ambient things whith my guitar. Anyone know of some really nice effects that give you really eerie or odd sounds?

What are your suggestions on combinations of effects to get awesome background sound or tones?
Look for the Space Station pedal on eBay. Reverse delays can do some cool stuff.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
tremolo pick through a scale with a wah all the way down and a longish slapback delay
(idk how to describe) slowly rock the wah up and down as play, it sounds like techno
yeah
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Degitech synth-wah
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Wah wah pedal?

But really, don't listen to me, I have no idea what I'm talking about. :P
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
yes i like the synth-wah, ill most likely get that
how do you get that rediculously big distorted sound, ie pink floyd solos.
Quote by un1ted
yes i like the synth-wah, ill most likely get that
how do you get that rediculously big distorted sound, ie pink floyd solos.

I wish I knew that. I love Floyd's sound.
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
How do you get that "metal swing" sound? kinda sounds like high pitched metal cutting in and out. And whats good for an open airy sound?? I want some crazy ass effects
Experiment with feedback and string scraping.

I find tremelo picking with a volume swell sounds amazing.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
You could get a Moog synth box, I suppose. I mean, I haven't tried one myself, but it's a Moog: you're bound to be able to get some good sound out of it.