Poll: Who will win the presidents troph for most points at the end of the year?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who will win the presidents troph for most points at the end of the year?
Anheim Ducks
31 7%
Ottawa Senators
69 15%
San Jose Sharks
22 5%
Vancouver Canucks
30 6%
Toronto Maple Leafs
28 6%
Philadelphia Flyers
25 5%
Detroit Red wings
108 23%
Buffalo Sabres
14 3%
Pittsburgh Penguins
35 7%
Other
108 23%
Voters: 470.
Page 1 of 95
Well rookie camps are over and players are about to report to training camp so i figured it was time. Discuss all things hockey(mainly the regular season) in here. Who do you cheer for? Who do you think will win? Who do you want your team to aquire?
Teams:

EASTER CONFRENCE:
ATLANTIC DIVISION:
New Jersey Devils
Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
New York Rangers
New York Islanders

NORTHEAST DIVISON:
Ottawa Senators
Montreal Canadiens
Toronto Maple Leafs
Buffalo Sabres
Boston Bruins

SOUTHEAST DIVISION:
Tampa Bay Lightning
Atlanta Thrashers
Carolina Hurricanes
Washington Capitals
Florida Panthers

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
CENTRAL DIVISION:
Detroit Red Wings
St Louis Blues
Nashville Predators
Columbus Blue Jackets
Chicago Blackhawks

NORTHWEST DIVISION:
Vancouver Canucks
Minnesota Wild
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers
Colorado Avalance

PACIFIC DIVISION:
Anaheim Mighty Ducks(defending cup champs)[
Los Angeles Kings
San Jose Sharks
Dalls Stars
Phoenix Coyotes

Upcoming Games
Oct 5:
Pittsburgh at Carolina 7:00 PM
Anaheim at Columbus 7:00 PM
NY Islanders at Buffalo 7:30 PM
Washington at Atlanta 7:30 PM
Boston at Dallas 8:30 PM
San Jose at Vancouver 10:00 PM

Oct 6:
Buffalo at NY Islanders 7:00 PM
NY Rangers at Ottawa 7:00 PM
Montreal at Toronto 7:00 PM
Carolina at Washington 7:00 PM
New Jersey at Florida 7:00 PM
Anaheim at Pittsburgh 7:30 PM
Atlanta at Tampa Bay 7:30 PM
Philadelphia at Edmonton 8:00 PM
Dallas at Nashville 8:00 PM
Columbus at Minnesota 8:00 PM
Detroit at Chicago 8:30 PM
Vancouver at Calgary 10:00 PM
Boston at Phoenix 10:00 PM
St. Louis at Los Angeles 10:30 PM

Oct 7:
San Jose at Colorado 7:00 PM

Oct 8:
Washington at NY Islanders 2:00 PM
New Jersey at Ottawa 3:00 PM
Edmonton at Detroit 7:30 PM

Oct 9:
Carolina at Toronto 7:00 PM

Oct 10:
NY Rangers at NY Islanders 7:00 PM
Ottawa at Atlanta 7:00 PM
Phoenix at Columbus 7:00 PM
Calgary at Detroit 7:30 PM
Montreal at Pittsburgh 7:30 PM
Florida at Tampa Bay 7:30 PM
Edmonton at Minnesota 8:00 PM
San Jose at Chicago 8:30 PM
Los Angeles at Dallas 8:30 PM
Nashville at St. Louis 8:30 PM
Philadelphia at Vancouver 10:00 PM
Boston at Anaheim 10:00 PM
LEAFS FOR CUP
Last edited by csn00b at Oct 5, 2007,
A tad early, but whatever makes the season seem like it's closer works for me.

Go Sharks!!
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

well I'm hoping the Flames will make use of Mike Keenan.

Go Flames Go!
Go Devils Go
Gear
Jackson Pro Series DK2S Dinky
Line 6 Spider III 150Watt
I think the Rangers might just do it, but i cannae not wait till the new season!
Quote by bigwillie
A tad early, but whatever makes the season seem like it's closer works for me.

Go Sharks!!

thas partially why i did it
LEAFS FOR CUP
The rangers are gonna take the presidents trophy for sure.. but hopefully the flames will do a little better than 8th with all the new players + new head coach
if i were a flames fan i would not be worried about the players, my worries would be in the front office with mike kenaan and such
LEAFS FOR CUP
Go Canucks! I hope they win this season. It's been over 30 years, and neither them or Buffalo have even one Cup.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Go Wings Go!

I think either Detroit or San Jose will win the President's Trophy. I'm not being biased, Detroit will probably take it because of their weaker division. I also think San Jose has a really strong team, so they'll be up there too.

Dark horse prediction: Colorado gets to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Why did you put the Sabers in the poll, I think they lost to many people, and they aren't even gonna come close to the presidents trophy.
Quote by eltyr18
Why did you put the Sabers in the poll, I think they lost to many people, and they aren't even gonna come close to the presidents trophy.

cause their the winners from last year.

and woohoo the rookie sens team beat the rookie leafs!
LEAFS FOR CUP
Quote by TnT~55
well I'm hoping the Flames will make use of Mike Keenan.

I wouldn't let Mike Keenan wash Iginla's or Kiprusoff's jock straps if I were the Flames.
Wow totally stole my job. It's my only remaining tradition on UG. Wilty's not impressed.

I succesfully avoided posting in the Offseason thread so as to begin this season with a fresh start, so here I am again.

As for the Canucks, if the team stays it as is right now I could see a third round or possible final exit but no cup. As it looks Mason Raymond and Michael Grabner are gonna shoot for the final top 6 spot with Nazzy/Morrison which could crash and burn or it could turn out amazing if they play to potential.
im sorry wilty can you pleas forgive me? at least i have a 00 in my name?

oh and next year if i dont get drafted(halifax might checkme out thanks to my dad) in the CHL, im going to do a wlak in or whatever its called at probably kingston cause my bro's best friend is the uncle of the frontenacs head coach! and i know a guy who plays for them!
LEAFS FOR CUP
Canada's playing quite physically in game 8. I think Lucic will end up being a favorite of mine once he starts playing in the NHL.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
The Wings will win it, and then probably play either the Ducks a Canadian team in the playoffs and get screwed.

But hopefully not! GO WINGS!
<Han> I love Hitler
WOOT! Undefeated. The physicality was damn awesome! We completely owned those Russian pansies!
if it was CHL there wouldve been a few fights that game
LEAFS FOR CUP
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to tell you guys that the Leafs aren't going to be winning anything soon
hue
Dudes, we still need 4 more people in the UG H2H Fantasy Hockey league.

Quote by wilty00
For sure. I'm just gonna go set it up now, if anyone wants some input on the stats/catagories/anythign like that let me know.

Edit- Alright league is up.

ID: 10724
Pass: ultimateguitar

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Stat Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by Live2Pwn
Go Devils Go

How can you support the Devils? Their style of defense hockey (read: trap) is everything that is wrong with the NHL. I honestly hate watching when my Pens play the Devils, because it's hard to stay awake.

Quote by sock_demon
It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to tell you guys that the Leafs aren't going to be winning anything soon

Although I agree with you, I have to ask, WTF is a rocket surgeon?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by bigwillie
I wouldn't let Mike Keenan wash Iginla's or Kiprusoff's jock straps if I were the Flames.

Well, Keenan has a pretty good record with getting teams to the playoffs, but the problem with Keenan coaching a team is that because he is so strict, the team can go either two ways.

1) They work their asses off for him and possibly go all the way.
2) They find him to strict and don't listen to him.

Though because it's a team with some younger players they will hopefully work like dogs for him.

Also, Pittsburgh is a team I'll be watching, they'll probably have a pretty good dynasty in a few years.
hopefully the wild can make use of the big guys they drafted this year. that's the main reason the ducks beat them in the 1st round.
Quote by TnT~55
Well, Keenan has a pretty good record with getting teams to the playoffs, but the problem with Keenan coaching a team is that because he is so strict, the team can go either two ways.

Though because it's a team with some younger players they will hopefully work like dogs for him.

Also, Pittsburgh is a team I'll be watching, they'll probably have a pretty good dynasty in a few years.

dynasty is not a word you can use oin the nhl anymore. the days of 5 consecutive cups is over. ****ing bettman.
LEAFS FOR CUP
You see what happens when someone breaks tradition and makes the NHL Season thread instead of Wilty?

THERE'S TWO NHL THREADS!! IT'S FUCKING INSANITY!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

Quote by TnT~55

That is a good point, especially considering that the Flames had a really talented team last year, and failed to match their talent with effort.

Still, I've never been much of a Keenan fan, and I wouldn't gamble on how my players would respond to his style, since it's usually boom or bust.

Quote by Liberation
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=218002&hubname=nhl

Dunham retires, named Isles goalie coach.

Wang really likes his backup goalies.

I'm a Devils Fan...

... good god im screwed...

on the bright side, I get to laugh at all my friends if the Rangers don't win the President's Trophy

Quote by J.A.M
On a previous occasion, a middle aged black african man proceeded to remove my betrothed bicycle from my possession.

Quote by silent caution
sex with a pregnant woman? isnt that like putting gas in car you already wrecked?
I'm sorry for your loss.

The Devils drown babies.