Hey guys, my band Validus (Latin for power/strength) is a metal band that's just starting out, we have about 6 original songs and a cover. So we decided to start gigging.

We had a 'practice gig' where we were in this tiny bar playing last at about 1:30 am on a Tuesday night, so as you can imagine it was pretty much my best friend and the bar staff. But we did get a lot of kinks out of show, since it's our first time and we didn't have a sound check apparently I was way to quiet and wasn't really heard unless nobody else was playing behind me heh.

Anyway cut to September 5th our first real gig at the Backstage Lounge in Gainesville, FL, we were supposed to go first and get the sound check, but when the singer accidentally mentioned how many people we were bringing (50+) he moved us to 2nd so we didn't get it.

We recorded the show, and thought it went really well, the crowd loved it, we were pumped, when we were playing i didn't really like the way it sounded but it came out fine when i watched the video back. The only ****ty part was at the end when we were done the crowd was yelling for an encore but...alas, we didn't have any other songs, we were on timed sets anyway, but we could've still squeezed one more in there with the time we had left.

ANYWAY

Here are two of the seven songs we played, any criticism would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tKjJt8pv_s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9jM83e2W2U

Enjoy ...hopefully
My Band - Validus - Our Myspace
---
-Carvin DC400/DC200/DC727/CM140
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Ba bump bump
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---
-Engl PRO 4x12
-Marshall 4x12/2x12
-Carvin 4x12
Your singer has a cool voice, very non-cheesey 80's thrash-esque.Your drummers crashes in the chorus sound horrible.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
haha nah he.... just looks like that :p

Thx GoodCharloteSux. Yeah we didn't want a power metal belter. But at the same time we didn't want cookie black metal stuff.
---
-Ibanez JEM
-Gibson Exp. Gothic
-Custom V (Inc.)
---
-Splawn Nitro
-Carvin x100b
-Marshall JCM2k
-Meteora M.A.K. 3k
---