Recently my guitar stand was knocked and my Ibanez Acoustic guitar was knocked over on its face. A string broke but the problem there is now a very loud buzzing sound coming from the Nut area when played the first few frets and open string. Any suggestions on how to fix it? (I have a dual action adjusting thing inside the guitar if that helps...i have no idea what it means or does)
I would take it to a shop. You really have to be more careful with your equipment man.
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
Try to isolate where the buzzing noise is coming from. You might simply have knocked loose one of the tuning knobs when it fell over. Get the guitar to make the noise, and while it's doing it, touch various parts of the guitar and see if you can get it to stop. Do this to all 6 tuner knobs. Check the nuts and beauty rings on the face of the headstock that hold in the tuners too, as one of those could be loose. Check the truss rod cover, if it has one. If you do find that one of the tuner knobs is loose, just snug it back down, but do not over tighten it. This is an adjustment for the tuners themselves, and should be just snug. Too much, and you will make that tuner too hard to adjust when tuning up.
Now then, that dual acting thing. It's called a Truss Rod. It's there to provide neck relief due to the tension on the neck from the pull of the strings. Do not mess with it unless you know exactly what you're doing, as you could easily damage the guitar. If you can't locate the buzzing noise with the above suggestions, then you'll need to take it to an expert.
Quote by LeftyDave
Try to isolate where the buzzing noise is coming from. You might simply have knocked loose one of the tuning knobs when it fell over. Get the guitar to make the noise, and while it's doing it, touch various parts of the guitar and see if you can get it to stop. Do this to all 6 tuner knobs. Check the nuts and beauty rings on the face of the headstock that hold in the tuners too, as one of those could be loose. Check the truss rod cover, if it has one. If you do find that one of the tuner knobs is loose, just snug it back down, but do not over tighten it. This is an adjustment for the tuners themselves, and should be just snug. Too much, and you will make that tuner too hard to adjust when tuning up.
Now then, that dual acting thing. It's called a Truss Rod. It's there to provide neck relief due to the tension on the neck from the pull of the strings. Do not mess with it unless you know exactly what you're doing, as you could easily damage the guitar. If you can't locate the buzzing noise with the above suggestions, then you'll need to take it to an expert.

Thanks a bunch man!
Sounds a bit like you've whacked the nut out of place a little.

But leftydave's advice was great, just make sure to pay attention to the nut. If it is that, its not a costly repair.
Well the problem was actually really more pathetic than i thought it was, turns out it was just the tuning peg that was loose so i tightened it and put new strings on and voila, good as new...no other problems
You might be able to fix it with a little truss rod adjustment. Try a counterclockwise 1/4 turn. See if it is gone or lessened. If lessened give it another 1/4 turn. If not take it to the shop.