I was just curious, how many people on here work in a guitar shop?

What kind do you work in? Big chain or mom and pop kinda place? For me, it's the latter, and it's fantastic.

Also, got any interesting stories of anything that's happened whilst you've been working? Any insights to the musical retail business that have surprised you?
Funny words.
latter? and i would like one :p
Quote by Orryn
It seems we don't ship products to where you are located. Perhaps if you make your way to our office in Somalia, we would be able to work something out.

Regardless of whether you come or not, we thank you for your bank details and cooperation.
None. Know your stuff enough and most will hire you. I work at a big shop, but just a mom & pop place. I went in one day and sold 2 guitars while trying to find one for myself. I knew the owner and I got my interview then the job.
I worked at the Soho Soundhouse (owned by SoundControl), part of Turnkey on Charing Cross Road. That was cool. And what's more, I met BILL BAILEY!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
I worked at the Soho Soundhouse (owned by SoundControl), part of Turnkey on Charing Cross Road. That was cool. And what's more, I met BILL BAILEY!

Aww nice, man! Bill Bailey is the man. And Charing Cross Road rules too I'm rather envious!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Dookie92
Is it hard to get a job in one of those shops? What experience do you need?

Not really, I did my work experience at mine and they were impressed enough to give me a job on Friday's after school for a few hours, then they gave me a Saturday job as well as that, been there now about 5 or 6 months.
Funny words.
I have, its good times. i was always used to working in restaurants so i was always running around getting sh*t done. it'd take me maybe two hours to do the whole days work the rest of the day was then spent "inspecting the products" or playing PSP XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
I have, its good times. i was always used to working in restaurants so i was always running around getting sh*t done. it'd take me maybe two hours to do the whole days work the rest of the day was then spent "inspecting the products" or playing PSP XD

why are you playing psp when you work in a shop full of guitars?
thats what "inspecting the products" its all about. :P
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Highbinder
Aww nice, man! Bill Bailey is the man. And Charing Cross Road rules too I'm rather envious!

Heh,, yeah it was cool, he was also really nice. He bought a Gibson V and a Morley Wah, and some gold plated patch cables. I also made a joke, and he laughed, which was cool
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
im going to a luthier school in a few months, its a 12 week live-in program, build 2 guitars, a mandolin , a stand up bass/cello, and i think a violin, and an amp. it teaches you everything to be a luthier, and apparently job placement is very good with this particular school. so hopefully ill get in at peavey USA or Schecter USA or something cool, my two favorite brands.