Page 1 of 2
I'm just curious about you guys as well. I was wondering what emotion you thought was most important in society. I personally think fear. Just because so many things result from it such as common sense and respect are a few of them. What do you guys think?
love

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

fear = respect
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
Quote by noxiosimitator
love

As corny as it sounds, it's true
fear. it brings power and to whoever is on top is winning in this life im afraid
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Love. If humans couldn't feel love, then there wouldn't be such thing as marriage.
Love gets nothing done, whereas fear'll drive a man to achieve great things.

Quote by BlueZephyr
Love. If humans couldn't feel love, then there wouldn't be such thing as marriage.

lol, because marriage is really important
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Love is most important for a pleasant existance, fear is most important for a productive existence.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by rich_sg
Love is most important for a pleasant existance, fear is most important for a productive existence.

</thread>
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Desire...

The reason for all things is desire. Even acts of selflessness are done for desire of something, such as the fulflling of ideals.

Unless your life is perfect that is....
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
fear doesn't equal respect. respect comes from love. fear is simply fear which can lead to contempt.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
fear doesn't equal respect. respect comes from love. fear is simply fear which can lead to contempt.

yeah, but fear = respect is cooler
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
Quote by Kivarenn82

And contempt leads to the darkside...
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
id say belief. as religon comes into our everyday culture x
[Younger and Prettier But Not Anymore Better Off]
Quote by Kivarenn82

Not entirely true why do you respect the police? Out of fear of being arrested most respect comes out of fear and yes I like how many people put love. The theory is that there are only two emotions and they are love and respect and everything derives from them both, however I prefer not to believe that because it isn't that simple if you have seen the movie Donnie Darko I think the same way he does on that subject.
Absence of emotions ftw. I live like that everyday day.

I think fear is what makes our society work, hatred is what makes us human, and happiness gives us an excuse not to slaughter ourselves. And I don't believe in love.
Last edited by deaththrashcore at Sep 8, 2007,
personally, love by far

and the idea of fear being a major factor in society, uh, wtf?

MAYBE if you lived in a place like iraq or mexico city or something, like, somewhere run by commies or some crazy tyranical bastard. otherwise fear should not be a dominant emotion in society. that would just suck

and on top of that some people dont have any fears
Quote by StarGazerKing
personally, love by far

MAYBE if you lived in a place like iraq or mexico city or something, like, somewhere run by commies or some crazy tyranical bastard. otherwise fear should not be a dominant emotion in society. that would just suck

If you didn't have fear you would walk in the middle of the road and get hit by cars. Everyone has fear, fear is what keeps you alive and if you don't have it you'll die. Even suicidal people who might not fear death, fear life. Fear is ever present.

On a lighter note, candy.
Quote by Nugi
I dont fear any of the people I repect..

Exactly. That's why fear=respect=arse.

Courage, I'd say is most important. Then loyalty, then love.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Fear is what shaped societies like Stalin's and Mao's...which were essentially societies of countries whose actions pretty much defined (and define) the history of the modern world.

So yeah. Fear.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by deaththrashcore
Absence of emotions ftw. I live like that everyday day.

I think fear is what makes our society work, hatred is what makes us human, and happiness gives us an excuse not to slaughter ourselves. And I don't believe in love.

Thank you Mr. Spock. You can have Scotty beam your ass back up now. We have been enlightened.

Fear is an important emotional response. It keeps us alive. I would say it always leads to anger, loathing, contempt, and hatred not always to respect. Yes I have a healthy respect for things I know can kill me. I do not necessarily fear these things though. Respect comes from knowledge not emotion.
The emotion I respect the most is love. It conquers fear. Always.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by StarGazerKing
personally, love by far

Wow for a second think about what you just said. You pretty much said society isn't run on fear. Then why don't you just run out and shoot some cops then go out and steal a television. People not haveing fears? That is dumb people who say that fear not being "manly" enough to be respected by their peers and are probably most likely to do stupid things with frats. So congratualations you make the male gender look like a bunch of pricks.
Quote by deaththrashcore
Actually, I'm just curious. Am I the only one here who doesn't believe in love?

If you believe in fear or hate you have to believe in love it's like if you believe in heaven you also believe in Hell they must coexist it is the whole idea of Yin and Yang.
Quote by sam b
Embarrasment, or else everyone would be walking around naked and that would be sick

I feel a Mark Twain quote is necessary at this point:

"The finest clothing line made is a person's skin, but, of course society demands something more than this."
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by StarGazerKing
personally, love by far

what do you mean? The guy who's running your country got voted in because of everyone's fear of terrorism
Page 1 of 2