Poll: would my plan work?
Poll Options
View poll results: would my plan work?
yes
3 13%
no
21 88%
Voters: 24.
do you guys wthink this would solve global warming/ oil crisis?
get all the powers in the world to shut all electricity and such down, no more cars, no computers no tvs. if people way back when could od it we can too, walk and bike eeverywhere, the only thing electricity would be used for is hospitals. no more wars for a while, scientists could have a special place(maybe a place called rapture[you get 20 points if you get that reference]) to try and figure out a way to control AIDS, get rid of global warming and find some way to stop the oil crisis. and by doing all this, we'd stop using oil therefore we could save it up fir a while and it would only be used when fully necessary. i know their are flawas, but do you guys think this would work?
LEAFS FOR CUP
No. There would be mass civil unrest, and governments would be forced to turn the power back on.
EDIT: If more of the world was like Iceland(where there's readily available geothermal enegry) that might have been feasible, but people just wouldn't stand for it right now.
Last edited by MightyAl at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by burrit0
That would create more problems than fix, and Global Warming isn't real.

living in canada ive seen proof its real, we didnt have snow at christmas first time in my life, we used to have snow september to may now we had like a month of it
LEAFS FOR CUP
Mr. csn00b, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by magnus_maximus
Eeeehhhh, not really. Unless your plan was "how to create anarchy in 24 hours!".

Plus, Global Warming is inevitable, whether we are here or not.

I agree. On both.

It's like that film with the character snake pliskin, or whatever his name is.

Crazy film.
Admittedly Global Warming is only a theory, but your plan has probably already been talked about by the U.N.
There could be total anarchy as a consequence of it, however theoretically it would work.
It would work if we all lived in csn00bworld.

Seriously, that has to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever come across.

Quote by musicianamedave
Mr. csn00b, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This guy said it better.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by musicianamedave

Love the reference, and so nicely applied, too!

Also, I completely concur with the quoted rant. There would be far too much unrest in the ensuing world to make the plan even remotely practical.
Hell no would that ever work.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by csn00b
do you guys wthink this would solve global warming/ oil crisis?
get all the powers in the world to shut all electricity and such down, no more cars, no computers no tvs. if people way back when could od it we can too, walk and bike eeverywhere, the only thing electricity would be used for is hospitals. no more wars for a while, scientists could have a special place(maybe a place called rapture[you get 20 points if you get that reference]) to try and figure out a way to control AIDS, get rid of global warming and find some way to stop the oil crisis. and by doing all this, we'd stop using oil therefore we could save it up fir a while and it would only be used when fully necessary. i know their are flawas, but do you guys think this would work?

Yeah. We'll just stop war. Why did no-one think of this before? Never mind Global Warming, you've found a way to have World Peace!
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT