Hi there!

The singer in my band needs an amp to plug his mic into..
Now my question is.. My amp got an input called AUX (originally used for plugging a mp3 player in for play along) would it be possible to plug the mic into that and would it work?

Thanks in advance
Quote by Ruzzido
Hi there!

The singer in my band needs an amp to plug his mic into..
Now my question is.. My amp got an input called AUX (originally used for plugging a mp3 player in for play along) would it be possible to plug the mic into that and would it work?

Thanks in advance

Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I use a keyboard amp and it sounds fine
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by The red Strat.
i guess it would work but more obvious would be the guitar input.
dunno...

Yeah well I obviously have to use the guitar input myself for the guitar.
tell your singer to pick up his own damn amp! I've found bass amps work pretty good.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
^bass amps seem to be better than solid state guitar amps... im using apeavy bass amp and i think sounds a little fuller than my epi... to be fair only on one setting... my epi is a little more versatile... but still
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Before my band got a PA, we used an extra practice amp we had. It was quiet and kinda a ghetto solution, but it works.
Quote by Tubyboulin
Dont the High/Low Frequencies of vocals Blow out Guitar Amps? anyway use a Bass amp instead, guitar amps seem to sound a little wierd wth Mics

Running a mic through a guitar amp shouldnt hurt it too bad, I've been running vocals through a squier sp-10 at full volume for a year and it hasnt hurt it yet. Of course we only use a ten watt guitar amp for vocals because we didn't have to pay for it. It's probably not a good Idea to run vocals and guitar through the same amp at the same time unless the amp is designed to do so. (Some acoustic-electric amps have inputs for a guitar and a mic). If I were you I'd just buy a cheap bass or keyboard amp.
Old amps from the sixties came with seperate jack for guitar and vocals. I had an ampeg that had 3 jacks the other was for keyboard I think never used em all at once so dont know how well it would work. I know alot of amps from that time were set up for the bass and guitar or 2 guitars to use at one time. So I dont think it would hurt it. But it would also depend on the CD input type, most Ive seen use a RCA jack. Dont see many mics with that kind.