hey guys few months ago i bought an mia fender strat hardtail edition and since then i've been wanting to get one with a tremolo.

i've been trying to sell it but it's tough as hell and noone is willing to trade a standard for a hardtail (as everyone wants to use a tremolo)

so i'm thinking if i should just buy a new one if i should just get a mexican and upgrade it. i'm not interested on dumping 1000$+ on another usa name.

i know that it tends to be hit or miss with mexicans, but anyone who has an upgraded mexican (or any other country) how is it and what did you upgrade onit?
Dude, MIM Strats are just as good as American. There's just slight differences. But you're basically getting the same guitar and you'll still have to replace pickups to get rid of hum.
i have a mexican strat with a kirk hammet pickguard thing, it has an emg 81 in the bridge and 2 emg single coils in the neck and middle. i also plan on putting a floyd rose in it soon. i love it.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
the difference

MIM were made by mexicans in mexico

MIA made by mexicans in California

haha

i have an MIM strat and it was made better than many Americans i have played.

I Upgraded the pickups

and i love it
dude.......
yeah just replace the pickups and you'll be fine
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)
if you do some searching at whatever guitar store u decide to buy from u can find a MIM that is just as good if not sometimes better than certain MIAs. good luck with your search m8
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Cant u just put a trem on the one you have? but for ur question, MIM Strats are just as good as American ones, just made by differently located Mexicans as Sir Awesomeness Pointed out
why no get a japanese fender? not the recently made ones but one that was made like 10 or more years ago?
American Deluxe dude, it's amazing. (Nevermind just read that you didnt want to dump more than 1k into it)
Last edited by AluminumOxide at Sep 8, 2007,