I see quite a few of my favorite guitarists use distortion pedals along with a nice amp... is this a good idea with a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone into a Peavey Valveking 112 to geta nice tone for metal?
MT-2 is a contradiction into itself. its a loud obnoxious pedal. but hard to hear when in a band setting.

*shrugs*

with the way most people use them, the MT-2 doesn't sound very good with any amp.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
If you're gonna get an MT-2 get teh Keeley modded version it will be a lot better than the standard although cost a bit more other than that i'd say it'll sound good.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
I wouldn't get one... I used one in a guitar off against a friend at his bands free concert, now it couldn't been all the stock gear I was given, some cheap schetcher and a line 6 amp but it didn't do much besides take forever to set up.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
no... i tried that with my valveking and it sounded crappy. a tube screamer might wolk better idk though
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
alot of them dont use distortion pedals... im pretty sure alot of them use overdrive pedals. i might be 100% wrong though, im not good with pedal stuff. kirk hammett uses a tube screamer which is an overdrive i think.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Many bands with these amps either use an OD to increase their distortion for leads or certain parts or as a gain booster

Many artists will also run a totally clean amp at full volume so you get natural break up and then add on a bit of extra to get it into their territory

Oh and they'll use high end pedals, not Boss metal zones - like Kirk Hammett uses a Tone Bone dist