There's a Fender Strat (Mexican, I think) in my local Cash Converters for Eighty or Ninety Quid (I forget)...

Basic spec.

HSS (Bridge > Middle > Neck)

Active Pickups

Yellow/Black Colour Scheme (I think)

Rosewood Fretboard

Big problem...

It's Left handed.

I'm not.

I was thinking of going reverse-Hendrix on it. Changing Strat Buttons and Strings.
Other idea is wait to X-Mas and Get a Fender Telecaster Custom 72 in Sunburst and Maple fretboard, new, for £500

HELP!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
You could always buy it and sell it on if you didn't like the reversed feel of it.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
If this strat weren't yellow/black I'd buy it immedietely. Awful :P.
But, hey it might be an interesting experience, but... Are You Experienced enough?
Get the new one. You'll be guaranteed a good guitar without messing around with it.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
Active pickups? I would get it... Might take some work, or just find another one... right handed though.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
get it! all you really have to do is flip the nut around. the strap button too if you want to gig with it.
I'm liking the sound of the Tele more...

Here's the Tele

Can't find pic of Strat
Quote by Sonicxlover

get the 500 quid one you've got guaranteed good quality with that and probably some kind of warranty
I was talking to someone who has one, and he said it's Mexican, but it has USA Stock pickups in it...
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by lateralus2
If this strat weren't yellow/black I'd buy it immedietely. Awful :P.
But, hey it might be an interesting experience, but... Are You Experienced enough?

well put!

yeah dude buy it, it's a great deal.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Sounds like a pretty good deal if it has active pickups. I am a lefty and have played em upside down. Its not a whole lot different. If you dont do the majority of your playing at the high end of the fret board you wouldnt notice its upside down. Just put the strap button on and flip the nut ready to go. Wammy will be a bit different upside down may interfere with palm muting a bit.
you could just take the whammy bar out if that would be a problem. ive always wanted to do this. actually i always look for ways to be unique in either my guitar or playing i hate being a non-emotional straight foward player. gets boring after a while
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
I'm a righty and I used to have a flipped lefty strat. It was not that great...it's novel and fun for a bit, but if you're playing it flipped, there are some downsides. Contours are wrong, can't reach higher frets well, controls on your picking arm.

On the other hand, if you have other guitars that are right-handed, maybe give it a go. When I had my flipped guitar, it was my only guitar...bad idea on my part.
Yea its real easy to turn the volume down inadvertantly. But hendrix would use the edge of his palm to do volume swells and things like that. Could be worse try a SG upside down. Everything is in the way. And yea it is different something to try here and there. Wouldnt want it as my only guitar tho. Ive seen fender puts out a guitar with the headstock upside down something about the fat e string being longer between the nut and tuner changes the tone. Also if its strung upside down a bridge single coil is slanted backwards, changes the tone to.
If you're read the bridge is a Humbucker.
Quote by Sonicxlover