Well I got a question,

I am playing since monday the 3th of September with my old classic guitar, am going to buy a new one on monday. I am not that bad, am actually quite a fast learner. But my question is, is an electric guitar harder than playing a classic guitar, and can you play it without the amplifier? I found a 2nd hand electric quitar quite cheap, probally not a big brand either but it's to learn anyway so doesn't needs to be an expensive brand.
If anything the electric is easier to play as it has lighter strings...you can play them without an amp, but it's nowhere near as much fun
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmz, not much use to a electric guitar withouth amp, you can play on one, but there's no way to get some sound out of it (only very soft)
Gear:

Jackson performer (miJ)
Cort Earth 700
roland cube 15
Behringer Wah
Boss rc-2 loop station

Dutch Power!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
Proffesser Oak : I Came when i heard you beat the elite four

I'd say a nylon strung guitar is easier to play than an electric. Get one of those marshall mini amps like jack black has in school of rock.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
An electric is definitely easier to play.
You can play without an amp, but not if you're going to be in a loud place or want anyone else to be able to hear.
I would save up until you can afford a new eletric, and a amp.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
classical is easier to play because of the wider fretboard and it is easier to fret things because of the nylon strings i play electric guitar but at my school we have classical guitars and i find it easier to play those
Thanks for all the replies so far, am keeping my eyes open for an electric guitar with an amp for sure.

@Ericgentz: I don't really want to buy a new one because they are quite expensive and I'm still learning so it has no use
I practise guitar unplugged all the time, I think it has improved my picking tone, you always have to listen for the bell-like strat tone.
EDIT: my advice is to buy a really cheap amp to start off with, then save up for an all-tube amp later.
a hollowbody (such as my Dean Palomino) can be played as acoustic.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
yeah, that's a fair point. The deeper hollowbodies (ES-175, Epiphone Sheraton, Gretschs) still have a very nice and fairly loud acoustic tone, maybe that'd work for you?
Quote by National_Anthem
I practise guitar unplugged all the time, I think it has improved my picking tone, you always have to listen for the bell-like strat tone.
EDIT: my advice is to buy a really cheap amp to start off with, then save up for an all-tube amp later.

I would definitely not recommend buying a really cheap amp. Your amp contributes a lot to how your guitar sounds, and even a really awesome guitar won't sound so great with a crappy amp.