I've got an AD100VT and when I turn it up all the way I get nasty crap feedback. I think it's probably my guitar, but I'm about $350 dollars away from a new one and I don't have a job. Regardless, it doesn't feedback on the clean channels, so I was wondering if there was anyone who uses a distortion pedal with an Vox Valvetronix Amp, and what one.

Also, I would like to say that it blows using the footswitch switching from Clean to Distorted because it kicks into distortion really loud, and the volume falters into the cleans, another reason I might want a distortion pedal.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
you adjust the volume on the channels you have for the footswitch so it doesn't do that, the distortion pedal would do that too if you didn't have the level set correctly to match the clean channel, and it's probably your pickups causing it to feedback, use the noisegate on your amp if you want, it kinda nulls sustain a little bit, but it works
It's not the volume, I know this. Kicking into distortion, the volume will swell then go back to normal. Going into cleans, the sound literally cuts, then swells up to the correct volume. It's not a difference in volume between channels.

Also I hate the noise gate, not only does it mess with sustain, it messes up pinches.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Quote by MoonBoots432
It's not the volume, I know this. Kicking into distortion, the volume will swell then go back to normal. Going into cleans, the sound literally cuts, then swells up to the correct volume. It's not a difference in volume between channels.

Also I hate the noise gate, not only does it mess with sustain, it messes up pinches.

Sounds to me as if you have a defective/faulty footswitch or amp.

I'm using a Fender footswitch with my AD50 right now and it works perfectly.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what exactly would be wrong with your amp that would make this kinda thing happen.

Also, as for the feedback, I suggest turning the gain down to about halfway.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
But then my tone gets f'ed up. Anyway...okay, I guess I'll have to send it in to Vox or something to see if there's something wrong with it. I bought it secondhand essentially.

No one uses a separate distortion pedal though?
man, that is wierd, mine doesn't do that, you may have to send it in, i used to use a DS-1 and a morely along with my slash wah through the amp, and it worked fine
The feedback's most likely caused by too much gain. Most amps on hi-gain settings feedback a lot and can only be saved by a noise suppressor pedal. If you're not using a lot of gain though, it's probably something else.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com