i want to get my guitar to have that my chemical romance style....how should i set the settings on my amp....on my amp ive got:

gain, boost button, volume, treble, middle, and base.....

on my guitar i have:

5 way switch (i think...not quite sure what it does), volume knob, and 2 tone knobs....any ideas would be great.....thanks in advance
10 Gain, 2 Volume, 4 Bass, 10 Middle, 9 Treble

Works pretty well. Bridge pick up, 10 volume and tone.
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by elekguit
Check for the 'crap' setting. It should be perfect.

just because you dont like a certain kind of music doesnt mean you have to put in your opinion if your just going to say something like that. i know i dont like certain kinds of music that some of you or my friends listen to but i dont come in and say the music is crap just because i dont like it. now can someone actually help me out here.
Quote by elekguit

Now that's just f--king ignorant.
Quote by TSelman
10 Gain, 2 Volume, 4 Bass, 10 Middle, 9 Treble

Works pretty well. Bridge pick up, 10 volume and tone.

thank you! someone that will help me out without being a ass about it
Quote by punchout43
thank you! someone that will help me out without being a dick about it

Tell me if it is the sound you were looking for. I use a few different variations. Your volume can go up if it's not loud enough or something. Mines at 2 because my amp is like a beast with sound ha
Quote by punchout43
just because you dont like a certain kind of music doesnt mean you have to put in your opinion if your just going to say something like that. i know i dont like certain kinds of music that some of you or my friends listen to but i dont come in and say the music is crap just because i dont like it. now can someone actually help me out here.

you have a good point^
Quote by elekguit

but you have to admit... that was pretty hilarious ( even though i saws it coming )

Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by punchout43
i want to get my guitar to have that my chemical romance style....how should i set the settings on my amp....on my amp ive got:

gain, boost button, volume, treble, middle, and base.....

on my guitar i have:

5 way switch (i think...not quite sure what it does), volume knob, and 2 tone knobs....any ideas would be great.....thanks in advance

The 5 way switch changes the pickup that you're using. Bridge pickups are normally higher output than neck pickups, as well as sounding a bit brighter. Neck pickups sound softer, not as harsh and are generally lower output. Seeing as it is a 5-way switch, you will most likely have a third pickup, the middle position. This sounds a bit more "nasal" and is used a lot in rhythm playing. The last two positions are bridge/middle and neck/middle, if you have 3 pickups. If these are single coils, these positions serve two purposes - two cancel hum at high gain, and two blend tones. If you have HSH or HSS note that blending a humbucker and a single coil actually makes hum worse. If you only have 2 pickups, these "inbetween positions" will be coil splits or series/parallel. A coil split is when you bypass one single coil in a humbucker (a humbucker is two single coil pickups in series) and a series/parallel switch does exactly what the name suggests, series being a normal humbucker, parallel doing the same thing as the neck/middle and bridge/middle positions on a three single coil guitar.
Quote by National_Anthem
The 5 way switch changes the pickup that you're using. Bridge pickups are normally higher output than neck pickups, as well as sounding a bit brighter. Neck pickups sound softer, not as harsh and are generally lower output. Seeing as it is a 5-way switch, you will most likely have a third pickup, the middle position. This sounds a bit more "nasal" and is used a lot in rhythm playing. The last two positions are bridge/middle and neck/middle, if you have 3 pickups. If these are single coils, these positions serve two purposes - two cancel hum at high gain, and two blend tones. If you have HSH or HSS note that blending a humbucker and a single coil actually makes hum worse. If you only have 2 pickups, these "inbetween positions" will be coil splits or series/parallel. A coil split is when you bypass one single coil in a humbucker (a humbucker is two single coil pickups in series) and a series/parallel switch does exactly what the name suggests, series being a normal humbucker, parallel doing the same thing as the neck/middle and bridge/middle positions on a three single coil guitar.

thank you too!
Quote by TSelman
Tell me if it is the sound you were looking for. I use a few different variations. Your volume can go up if it's not loud enough or something. Mines at 2 because my amp is like a beast with sound ha

sounds great...thanks