I'm thinking about buying a 12 string acoustic guitar but firstly I was wondering if anyone could recommend some songs/instrumentals that can be played using a 12 string acoustic. Haha, all I've got so far is John Butler. So song title and artist is most appreciated and maybe a MySpace/YouTube link would be most appreciated.
Thanks dudes.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Rush - Closer to the Heart
The Beatles - Ticket to Ride
The Byrds - Turn, Turn, Turn
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zep

This song on a 12 string is as close to a religous experience as you can get without being in a church
^^^ very very very true. im not a huge zep fan well i am but not like crazy and every time i play that opening riff on a 12 string i feel like jimmy is smiling at me. but yeah.

Hotel California- Eagles
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Dream Theater - The Silent Man
Zakk Wylde - Sold my Soul, Throwin it all Away

Dont be limited to only songs recorded with a 12 string. Some of my favourite songs to play on my 12 string are ones that originally recorded with a 6 string guitar.
Quote by tom183
Dream Theater - The Silent Man
Zakk Wylde - Sold my Soul, Throwin it all Away

Dont be limited to only songs recorded with a 12 string. Some of my favourite songs to play on my 12 string are ones that originally recorded with a 6 string guitar.

+1
Don't be afraid to experement. A lot of 6 string songs sound awesome on a 12.
i've just got one song and that's Zakk Wylde As dead as yesterday
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
Life by the drop-SRV
Pride and Joy-SRV

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JDxxeXYaZ_o
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by gcasar
Matt Nathanson- Little Victories

Almost every Matt Nathanson (maybe even every, period) is played with a twelve string. He's a pretty good pop-ish artist. My favorite song of his is Weight of it All.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W35wtfcByIY

or

Rare Birds - Fears Of The Night (4 acousic 12's + electric bass)
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant