Guys,

My cousin is trying to sell his Ibanez SR300DX bass guitar. He says it's a Soundgear (I don't have much experience with Ibanez). 2 questions:

1) Is this Ibanez Soundgear like a Fender Squire?

2) Is $100 US asking too much for it? He wants to sell it but I don't know what a reasonable asking price would be.

Thanks.
*Guitars:
Fender Aerodyne Bass
Schecter Stiletto Elite Bass
ESP LTD B-155 Bass
Dean Edge 8-String Bass
Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight Guitar
thats not a bad bass. for $100, it should sell fast. it's probably worth slightly more, but it may take longer to sell it. i say it's worth around $150.
well its a $280 bass, and i always aim for around half of what i payed for something at least, so i would go like lespaulstudio said, somewhere around $140 or $150
130 is most i'd pay. Actually I wouldn't buy one but yeah post 150 and sell for no less than 130.
I just sold a sr305 for $150 a couple of weeks ago, and I knocked off a few bucks cause the guy bought an amp I was selling at the same time, so I'd say $100-$150 is a decent price for the 4 string. Ask for $150 when you're selling it and see what you can negotiate, you should be able to top $100 for sure.

They're passable basses, sound ok and are pretty fast playing, I would put it slightly above most squires personally, but perhaps not some of the vintage modified ones.
i agree with the others i wouldnt pay more than £100-£150. is it in good condition?
Quote by rich_sg
Oh come on Emz, the thread is who's your favorite UG'er, not MOST FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

Elecktra Of The UG Hero's And Villian's Club Pm josh999x To Join

The proud owner of [x]Huffy[x]

Quote by Heafyman
You Jackass_babe are cool.
I currently have that exact Bass. And of course its worth $100US, thats a joke amount to pay its worth quite a bit more than that.

I'm actually trading mine in & upgrading to a SR506 Already ordered it
I'm getting $500AU for mine & its at about $650AU NEW
ElCapitan143, if your cousin is still trying to sell his SR300DX (it is indeed a Soundgear, by the way) then please, please be advised that it is WAY better than any Fender Squier! Personally, I've never even so much as laid hands on a Squier, but that's because its reputation precedes it - I've heard several horror stories of how it has literally fallen to pieces almost as soon as it's out of the damned box! Yes, OK, it's a Fender, but let's not kid ourselves - it's very poorly built and using the cheapest materials out there. Avoid.

I would have thought that $100 was very reasonable - too reasonable, possibly. Fair enough, the SR300DX has been discontinued, but I should definitely advise your cousin to invite offers over $100 rather than settle on a fixed price which seems to me to be a bit on the low side.

Hope this helps. John.