hey im looking to get an new practice combo. i need a good sounding combo around 50 watts. i would like to spend $200 max. i dont need anything real special because ive only been playing a few years and not in a band or anything. thanks.
but dont you think that will be a little overkill cuz i wont even be able to turn the volume nob without breaking the windows
For $200, Roland or Crate do good practice amps. That'll be all they're good for, because they're too quiet/generic toned for live use, but if all you're after is something you can run in your bedroom. buy a Roland Cube... I think they're around that price.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
IMO you should save up a bit more money because by the time you get a new amp your going to want to upgrade to something bigger,louder or something with a much better tone save a couple $100 more and splurge on a really nice amp.
i shouldnt have said that i only use it for practice because i use it i a few jams with my brothers but its not like i do that everyday its more like 1-2 times a month but i dont really need it to be that great sounding when im playing with them and anything is better than my blown out crate bt15. thanks for the help
i believe the roland cube30 is under 200 and available at most stores. thats waht i'd go for. or a fender rumble anything u can afford.
Okay, if you want to play with other musicians, especially if you think you'r ever likely to play with a drummer, hold onto your cash until you can afford a decent sized combo.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Okay, if you want to play with other musicians, especially if you think you'r ever likely to play with a drummer, hold onto your cash until you can afford a decent sized combo.

+1
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
how many watts do you think i should get i dont know if this is true but my bro says his roommates 60 watt amp is ridiculously load
i'd say 60 is the bare minimum for anything other then bedroom practice, but 100-150 is ideal for a (band) practice amp.

the roland cube 100 is pretty decently priced, plenty of features, great in all regards unless u desire a true solid state sound.
ive been looking at the ashdown 12-180 and the Gallien-Krueger brat half stack as welsh guitar suggested do you guys know if any of those will be good for me or do i not need something that powerful
If you're willing to spend that much and have the space for it, then the Ashdown is good, though if that's the one with the 12" speaker, then you could upgrade to a 15" for not much more.

'Tis better to have the power and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Yeah, I have the Ashdown EB 12-180, and I regret not getting the 15" speaker, its really worth it.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
is it really worth an extra 100 bucks though thats doubling my starting price of $200
I'd recommend a Ashdown Engineering "Perfect Ten" 30W amp as a practice amp. I bought mine for $130.00.

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/detail.asp?ID=81

Best,
SPS
Fender Fat Strat (MZ)
Fender Telecaster (Z)
Ibanez SZR720
Takamine EG540C
Fender P-Bass

Boss CE-20, DD-6, DS-1, RC-20XL, TU-2

Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Vox VT100 Amp
Ashdown Engineering Bass Amp
i have a 1100W bass amp and it does not break windows.

anyways, i think the peavy MAX 112 and 115 are good comboes for practiceing and are probably the most reasonably priced
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
ive been looking around for the ashdown ebs and at a lot of the stores theyre discountinued does anyone know why?
Quote by TheProdigy
ive been looking around for the ashdown ebs and at a lot of the stores theyre discountinued does anyone know why?

Ashdown still make them. Those stores just don't stock them and probably told you that so you're more likely to look at something they do stock instead of going elsewhere.
personally i think that if u use your amp for jamming, the minimum you need is a 100 watts and a 15" speaker. IMO amps from 30 watts to under 100 watts are a waste of money as they can only be used for practice. I suggest saving up for the fender rumble 100 or the ampeg BA115
Quote by Drmckool
without having read this thread and just seeing the title since i've been not on the forum for a month i'm just going to say

"why can't we be friends"
They are exactly the same, the one with the none visual equalizer thing, is an older model so when you get it it probably will have the visual equalizer, because it will just be an old picture.
so out of all the suggestions you guys made which one do you think is the best
ashdown 15-180, ampeg BA115, fender rumble 100, gallien-Krueger Brat Pack Half-Stack, roland cube 100, or the peavey max 112/115. thanks for all the help i really needed it
Ashdown without a second look for me.

BA115 is overpriced for it's power and features, Rumble 100 is basically a very forgettable amp, GK stuff is questionable until you get beyond the Backline gear, Roland Cube 100 = overgrown toy, Peavey's are not what they used to be.
Quote by Caustic
For $200, Roland or Crate do good practice amps. That'll be all they're good for, because they're too quiet/generic toned for live use, but if all you're after is something you can run in your bedroom. buy a Roland Cube... I think they're around that price.

Were gonna fight each other to death over this arent we?
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Were gonna fight each other to death over this arent we?

Yep