Peavey 6505+ head linked to:
A) Mesa Dual Recto 4x12
B) ENGL Powerball 4x12
C) Vader 4x12
Answer?
vader is tight, recto is looser, and not sure about the engl. i'd say go with the vader?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
You guys are high. Recto cabs are pretty tight. I dont know why you even vote for vader since Im pretty sure youve never used one.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
ha man i've been sober for at least 2 days

and true, i was going to post again saying that i haven't tried the vader cab, and i played an orange rockerverb 100 through a 2x12 recto. it wasn't that loose and definitely not muddy, but i only tried it once, and didn't want to fully trust my first impression.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
What about Orange? I've always been under the impression that orange amps were not very good for metal, but something someone said on this forum contradicted this.
Revised list-
Peavey 6505+ head linked to:
A) Mesa Dual Recto 4x12
B) ENGL Powerball 4x12
C) Vader 4x12
D) Orange 4x12

As of right now, what is really sticking out to me are the vader cabs, which use Eminence Legends. All the rest use V30's.
engl cabs are extremely tight and clear. though poor value in the US. not amazing in europe either, but a lot cheaper than mesa etc.

i dunno. i haven't tried the vader, and I've only tried the recto cab with a recto, so I don't know if that was the amp or the cab i was hearing, basically.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go with a Port City 2x12 cab.

Carvin's 4x12s are extremely tight due to their smaller size, and good construction. Mesa has other cabs to look into as well such as the Stiletto cabs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio