I was just listening to Black Label Society's In This River. Great song. Only thing I can really criticize about it is that, while the solo is pretty good, it is really too fast and out of place for the slow and moving song...that's just my opinion.

What's yours?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Good song, I think Zakk has a good voice.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Actually, I thought the solo was perfect. The parts of the song before it are sort of a build up, if you want to look at it like that, and then the solo is the outburst of whatever emotion he happened to be feelign while writing it.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Say what you will about the song, but you gotta hate the video! haha
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Yeah... In this river is a pretty good song... I just don't like the piano in the middle of a creek theme

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
As good of a song as it is, I don't think it deserves its own thread...

Take it to the BLS thread man.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Seeing Zakk and Dimebag as kids still wearing metal clothing is just too cheesy for me. I'm not really fond of the song either. Now Bridge to Cross, that's a great slow BLS song.
"Hey Dime, remember that time we were little kids and I started playing a piano in the middle of the river?"
"Yeah, Zakk."
"Good times."
"Right."
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.