Hey all

I am starting to sweep more and more. I was wondering what good exercises you guys do to get better at sweeping. Right now i just pick a chord form. (ex. d maj7) and just sweep all of the notes in it. But i need some more exercises.

They can be any level.

Thank you so much
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Learn the Sweeps in Dechristianize by Vital Remains, or Under the Influence by Rusty Cooley, both pretty sweet.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Uhm, dont know how good you are at sweeping, but look at tabs for Necrophagist solos, they always have some interesting sweeps often ended with some taps which is fun if you can play it correctly
The sweeping solo in 'In the Name of God' by Dream Theater is pretty cool, it helped me with sweep picking alot.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
^^(nevermore ones) ya those ones are a bitch ahah.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
thanks guys
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
try 3 string rakes first, then move to full 6 string rakes, it will make learning to master the technique easier, that is what my guitar teacher told me anyway.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Quote by ledroses23
try 3 string rakes first, then move to full 6 string rakes, it will make learning to master the technique easier, that is what my guitar teacher told me anyway.

i can do 3 strings. i am working on 5 strings now. I can get 5 pretty good so im just practicing like about 2 hours a day on it.
Quote by Andjustice.....

Quote by Robbie n strat
i learned to do 3 stings first, now im doin 5 strings, a major shape, a minor shape and acceding and decending shape (havnt tried this 1 yet), i still need to get rid of the unwanted noise though, pain in the ass xD

just keep trying, u will get it soon, takes about 2-3 weeeks of hard practice or something like that.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down