I'm the kind of person that doesn't have a personal preference in string gauge. I prefer them light but every now and then I get mediums or heavy's for variation and to improve my strenght when bending. So what I did is I unscrewed 2 screws connected to my bridge to make it floating, and whenver I change guages I put them on and let the tension put the bridge at the point it wants to be at, and fine tune my action.

Is this safe to do?
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Are you talking about the 2 screws in the tremolo cavity, or the two screws in the top of the guitar? What guitar are you talking about?

Uhmm, it really won't hurt anything, but it's a waste of time/effort to actually do it. Just adjust the screws accordingly to the gauge. The heavier the gauge, the more the screws need to be tightened. The lighter, the less.
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
in my Squier Strat, it's a tremolo bridge. if you take off the plate on the back it's the two screws closest to the neck actually drilled into the guitar.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Ok.

Uhmm, it really won't hurt anything, but it's a waste of time/effort to actually do it. Just adjust the screws accordingly to the gauge. The heavier the gauge, the more the screws need to be tightened. The lighter, the less.

'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Nah, Zappa owns heh heh. I'm going to change it anyways.
So did you loosen the screws or take them all the way off? Because that's the trem claw, it and the springs in the back are what balance out the tension of the strings. It's meant to be adjusted, but you will seriously screw up your trem if you take if off.