how many of you play upright bass
I've been playing upright for a little over a year

and just started bass guitar last month
I want to. Is there a way to amplify those things with good sound quality? I've been avoiding them because if I can't use it in my jazz band, it's pretty much useless to me.
I've heard of double bass piezo pickups, but I'd imagine that would sort of lose that awesome thumpy wood upright tone... only really effective way I've seen is to mic them with a good quality mic.

Sadly, I don't play double basses, but I've spoken at length with quite a few experienced double bass players.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Hergiswi
I want to. Is there a way to amplify those things with good sound quality? I've been avoiding them because if I can't use it in my jazz band, it's pretty much useless to me.

they make electric double basses
I think
because i saw this sick electric violin

at
www.wwbw.com

WoodwindBrasswind

its in South Bend, IN

My cousinlive over there
and one time went in there it was pretty cool
They do make electric double basses, but apparently they don't sound or feel anything like their acoustic ancestors.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
They do make electric double basses, but apparently they don't sound or feel anything like their acoustic ancestors.

They don't sound or feel anything like a real double bass, it actually feels like a 2 x 4 covered in lacquer instead of a double bass neck.
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
Quote by GiBsOn_PuRe
They don't sound or feel anything like a real double bass, it actually feels like a 2 x 4 covered in lacquer instead of a double bass neck.

Sweet, Ibanez players should love them.