Hey I am really interested in getting into recording my own stuff I was wonder how Sonar Cakewalk Studio Edition stands up to the rest and exactly how it works? Do you run your stuff through a mixer into the computer or is there an exterior interface because I know sonar makes a Program that comes with an external interface that you plug your gear into so if anyone out there knows about this stuff I'm all ears.
The Don's Gear
--------------------
GUITARS:
Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster (2 tone sunburst)
Epiphone G-400 Custom w/Maestro Trem (Black w/Gold hardware)

AMP:
Crate 15W

EFFECTS:
Boss ME-50
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
If you are looking for a pretty good, less expensive setup, the Line6 RiffWorks and GuitarPort combo is cool. Riffworks is the software, check it out at sonomawireworks.com. You can record guitar, bass, and vocals. Drums can be included using the built in instantdrummer.
i got a line 6 toneport gx recently and downloaded audacity for free online a while back. it works good for me, since im not looking for a while lot, and only cost $70.

or you can just download the program and plug your guitar straight into your pc with the right cord, but theres a bit of delay between the playing and recording. with a usb interface you dont have that "latency" which is why you want some other device between your pc and guitar.

hope this helps.
This should be in Riffs and Recordings.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

I like Guitar Tracks Pro

It's really easy to use and has everything you need. Straight forward mixing and panning, importing effects ect ect...
Only problem I have Vista so I think I'm screwed
The Don's Gear
--------------------
GUITARS:
Fender Classic Player '50s Stratocaster (2 tone sunburst)
Epiphone G-400 Custom w/Maestro Trem (Black w/Gold hardware)

AMP:
Crate 15W

EFFECTS:
Boss ME-50
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah