why does it seem like everyone hates Sammy Hagar with Van Halen, he is a fantastic singer and can sing just as well as DLR, also he brought the element of rhythm guitar playing to Van Halen and some pretty cool songs. Also he had some kinda balls to admit live at the rock n roll hall of fame induction ceremony that he doesn't deserve the award while Dave wouldn't even show up because Velvet Revolver wouldn't play "Jump" and Sammy wished the band the best without him, even though they hate him and Mikey and refuse to acknowledge their existence.
discuss. (which means if you like/dislike sammy don't just say "OMG SAMMY ROCKS" or "OMG SAMMY SUCKS" back your position up)
Two words. Van Hagar.

EDIT: they also don't like him because he isn't original. EX. replace Eddie with Steve Vai, (equally, if not better guitarist) and Vai will be hated.
Quote by RentACar
Two words. Van Hagar.

EDIT: they also don't like him because he isn't original. EX. replace Eddie with Steve Vai, (equally, if not better guitarist) and Vai will be hated.
makes sense but i still wanna hear what people have to say about this
The words to describe my dislike for Van Hager do not exist in the english language.

That aside, fuck this thread.

Reported, for being done 24,875 times
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by TheUltimateSin
The words to describe my dislike for Van Hager do not exist in the english language.

That aside, fuck this thread.

Reported, for being done 24,875 times
well i cant help i didnt want to look through all 300 matches for threads with any combination of "van" "halen" "hagar" and "thread" and then get in trouble for bumping a 3 month old thread
Even though no one will probably read this oh well.

The reason I can think of why people don't like Van Hagar is because they became influenced with synths and very loving music which basically in the eyes of Van Halen fans stripped them of their balls and made them want the balls (a.k.a. dave) back in the group.

I admit I do like Van Hagar a bit because some of the songs are really good, Best of Both Worlds comes to mind for me, but with Roth you didn't have wimpy topics and such.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
good point but you gotta remember is the synth was introduced during the Dave era (songs like "Jump" "I'll Wait" and "...And The Cradle Will Rock) so technically it's not Sammy's fault, it was Eddie's idea to start playing a synth
It basically comes down to the fact that Van Hagar didn't have very many good songs.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....