Page 5 of 66
Quote by kirkisking
Don't really care much for Confessor.

Anyways, which Jap band do y'all like more, Corrupted or Boris? Most likely the majority will choose Boris, but I just wanna see.

Actually I'm changing my choice too Coffins. Very good Japanese doom.
^Hell yeah they are. Need to see if I can get my hands on the splits with Otesanek and Cianide.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
I'm just wondering is Cathedral's 'The Garden Of Unearthly Delights' doom? I'm asking because I've always thought of doom as being slower than 'The Garden Of Unearthly Delights'. I know nothing about doom.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by codswollip1 at Oct 2, 2007,
Quote by codswollip1
I'm just wondering is Cathedral's 'The Garden Of Unearthly Delights' doom? I'm asking because I've always thought of doom as being slower than 'The Garden Of Unearthly Delights'. I know nothing about doom.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah it is. Doom takes many forms.

TGOUD is a ****ing awesome album.
olololololol, Chylde of Fire I just ordered that CD you rec'd to Spoon - I thought I might as well expand my Doom listening .

I liked the description on the site -
"This album artfully mines the vast and under developed territory between classic Solitude Aeturnus/Candlemass and Saint Vitus"
(even though it will probably take a while to arrive from the US - to Aus )
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
olololololol, Chylde of Fire I just ordered that CD you rec'd to Spoon - I thought I might as well expand my Doom listening .

I liked the description on the site -
"This album artfully mines the vast and under developed territory between classic Solitude Aeturnus/Candlemass and Saint Vitus"
(even though it will probably take a while to arrive from the US - to Aus )

Oh who? Warning? If so then you wont be dissapointed.
Quote by kirkisking
^Hell yeah they are. Need to see if I can get my hands on the splits with Otesanek and Cianide.

On your question from before: My girlfriend really like Corrupted, I would have to go with Boris myself though.
I know there's a tuning thread, but figured I'd get a faster/better response here. What tuning do While Heaven Wept use? There's no tabs on UG, so if someone can answer this I might tab out a few songs

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
it's a pretty fine example of doom. I got my triple vinyl in the mail the other day, it's as heavy as f**k!! literally!
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
I know there's a tuning thread, but figured I'd get a faster/better response here. What tuning do While Heaven Wept use? There's no tabs on UG, so if someone can answer this I might tab out a few songs

C standard, according to their website.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
^WOW! that burst is spectacular!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I'm just getting into the more "mainstream" doom I suppose you could call it. Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, The Foreshadowing, Sunn O))) and Anathema so far. It's pretty awesome stuff, any good recs to go from here?
Quote by ctb
You can't feel teh doom with purple.

Hey, i want to start listening to doom metal for some inspiration, can anyione tell me what bands, albums, songs etc.. to start with? Im a big death metal fan so i dont mind insanely heavy stuff.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Disembowlment "Transcendence into the peripheral"

THE finest doom album of all time. Insanely atmospheric and brutally heavy.
For death metal fans getting into doom, the best possible releases you can get are Forest of Equilibrium and the In Memorium EP by Cathedral - heavy as hell and the most aggressive and twisted vocals on any (true) doom release.

^they're dark rock/metal, but at times with a doomy atmosphere. I agree that it's an awesome band though.

I've been listening to Longing for Dawn a lot lately, and might see Saturnus next week which is one of my favourite death/doom bands.

Quote by Magero
I'm just getting into the more "mainstream" doom I suppose you could call it. Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, The Foreshadowing, Sunn O))) and Anathema so far. It's pretty awesome stuff, any good recs to go from here?

Just listen to some of the bigger names in the death/doom genre like Swallow the Sun, Morgion, Imindain, Necare, and October Tide and you'll probably find something you'll like.
So finally got my copy of that Warning album Pretty "Doomy" so say the least , good so far though - I will have to give it all a listen tomorrow after work (I got Season 1 of Metalocalypse too, so bit torn on what to watch/listen to first ).
Quote by im_hungry
I just watched the video for Cathedral's 'Midnight mountain'.

WTF!?

Discos and magic flying carpet rides = DOOM

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by Phillipa C.
Skepticism "Lead And Aether"

THE finest doom album of all time. Insanely atmospheric and brutally heavy.

Surely you made a mistake which I have corrected for you.

You are welcome.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
^The March and the Stream FTW

Quote by HopeLeaves_35
Does anyone know what tuning My Dying Bride uses?

C# tuning, down 1 1/2 steps.
Since people here are starting to pay attention to the awesomeness that is Warning, here's a video of them playing Footprints from when they played at Doom Metal Inquisition IV (which was utterly awesome) on friday.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZx8-6kEcJg