alright, so a while ago i made a thread asking if i should get a peavey valveking. i got suggested a bunch of different amps, looked through em all, and i really liked the 5150 head/cab idea but it was out of price range. so i have narrowed it down to 2 choices:

Peavey JSX Mini Colossal

- or -

Peavey Valveking 112

i played the valveking and liked it, but i have yet to try the JSX. i really like joe satrianis sound, but then again the mini colossal could sound nothing like him. my main gripe with the JSX is that it is 70 dollars more than the valveking yet has 1/10th of the wattage... it better sound damn good!

anyway, which should i get? if you need more detail on budget what i play other gear etc. just ask ill be refreshing this thread like every 5 minutes or so

all help is appreciated
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Well it depends what your needs are. I think the JSX might sound a little better but, the valveking might be more versatile. I played the vk 112 a couple days ago and it was nice but definitely as loud as you'd really ever want. And when I was trying the JSX mini it must have been defective because it was soo freakin quiet no matter what i did but whatever.
i haven't played the mini colossal, but i SUPOSSE it has a better tone than the valveking, of course, that would be pointless if you want a to play with a drummer, cause you'll need the volume of the valveking
I've tried the mini colossal today, and I have to say it's pretty damn good, but there's pretty much no versatility to it at all. It's kinda of a one trick pony. This isn't all that great, especially when considering that Satch's tone can be quite different from song to song. Though it is very loud, meaning that the VK would be way way way too loud (assuming you want to use it for home practice). At least the mini colossal has an attenuator built in.

Quote by yoyodunno
Well it depends what your needs are. I think the JSX might sound a little better but, the valveking might be more versatile. I played the vk 112 a couple days ago and it was nice but definitely as loud as you'd really ever want. And when I was trying the JSX mini it must have been defective because it was soo freakin quiet no matter what i did but whatever.

You do know that there's a power soak knob on the back of the amp, right?
Gear:
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
ESP EC-400
TS-9 DX
Stagg Strat-a-like
MIJ Boss CE-2
Quote by Fired_Scape
I've tried the mini colossal today, and I have to say it's pretty damn good, but there's pretty much no versatility to it at all. It's kinda of a one trick pony. This isn't all that great, especially when considering that Satch's tone can be quite different from song to song. Though it is very loud, meaning that the VK would be way way way too loud (assuming you want to use it for home practice). At least the mini colossal has an attenuator built in.

You do know that there's a power soak knob on the back of the amp, right?

that's like, the peavey spong thing right?

then i suposse the minicolossal is loud
alright thanks for all these responses guys

in response to my needs, i plan to be using it for bedroom practice (although i might use my current for that) and jamming with a band/small gigs

im probably gonna get the valveking cuz it seems to suit my needs, but more input would be appreciated
There are of course, other amps.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Nocomment
There are of course, other amps.

you didn't even read the first post did you
in my opinion, the valveking is TERRIBLE. no one should even be looking at it as a main amp but again, thats really just my opinion. You really need to tell us what your price range is and what sounds you are after.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
in my opinion, the valveking is TERRIBLE. no one should even be looking at it as a main amp but again, thats really just my opinion. You really need to tell us what your price range is and what sounds you are after.

Kudos on the VK. There are much better amps for a little bit more moolah.
You're not just limiting yourself to the 2?
Tehre's plenty available, Traynor, Peavey Classic, Laney (Uk), Fender BJ, Hot Rod, Craet Palomino etc. Of course it depends on what youre playing, but if you liked the VK, your easily impressed.