Ok im a freshman inhigh school and im taking speech class. There are only about 25 people in the class. I have done guitar preformances before in front of about 80 people. I have absolutly no problem with playing guitar in front of people but doing a speech is horrible for me. I get so nervous it sux.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
-Ibanez limited edition RG electric guitar
-Digitech RP250 multi effects
-Digitech DF-7Distortion Factory
-Marshall MG100 half stack
Speech Class isn't hard at all, the only annoying part was writing the speech and memorizing it.
probably because you know what you're doing with guitar better than with speaking. the key is to make people think that you actually know what you're talking about, even if you don't know much about something.
haha thanx, but how would i make people think like that?
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

MY STUFF
Quote by kidboy
haha thanx, but how would i make people think like that?

if you keep talking and make it sound like you know something, people might actually think you know about it. unless they know about it, and then they know your just rambling.

it depends. what is the topic?
well we have to pick three items and talk about them, i have my three topics and i have my speech written i just really wana know how to get over being so nervous

MY STUFF
Quote by kidboy
well we have to pick three items and talk about them, i have my three topics and i have my speech written i just really wana know how to get over being so nervous

Rehearse giving the speech, maybe in front of family or friends. As soon as you're comfortable giving it in front of a few people, you should also not have to read directly from it. Get familiar with your topic, so you're not reading straight off the paper, because then it wouldn't be a speech, it would be you just reading to people. Look up at your audience when you read, if you can. If not, then just read off the paper. It's not like you'll fail if you're reading straight off the paper the whole time, right?