Hey, I have a question about "effects looping." My amp has on the back an effects loop, with a send and return. How does it exactly work, do I just connect the send to the input of a pedal, and then from the output of the last pedal back to the return? And do they generally just play straight from the bass to amp when no pedals are in use? I just want to know, since I don't want to try it out and end up breaking my amp, another cable (I'm already low on those, ), or a pedal. So yeah, any help as always is best.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Send --> Input --> Output --> Return
Don't put overdrive/dist. pedals in it. Just stuff like delay, chours, and other stuff.
When dealing with effects you will get a different sound when it is your loop or when it is infront of your amp. Just experiment and mess around and have fun!
Jackson snowhite RR1 -->
Boss GT-8 (Front Effects/MIdI Controller) -->
Carvin Legacy 100W w/ 5881's -->
TC Electronics G-major (Rear Effects) -->
(Modified) Carvin Lagacy 4x12 w/ Vitage 30's
The point of an effects loop in an amp is to have it set up so the amp sends the signal to the effects AFTER the EQ. That's what those things do. If you put the effects before the amp, it's obviously going to be before the EQ.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Alright, thanks guys, I'll definately try not that I know I'm not gonna kill anything. But still, would it still run the signal through the loop (assuming I was in a gig and didn't have time to remove the cable, haha) if I had all the pedals in it turned off? Because I notice that running bass-pedal-amp that when the pedal is turned off, even with my bass specific pedals it loses some low end and has an increased gain sound.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
whats the problem with using overdrive pedals in the effects loops rather than between the bass and amp?
To much output to the poweramp. Its not sure proof to hurt your amp.... but i wouldnt recomend it.
Jackson snowhite RR1 -->
Boss GT-8 (Front Effects/MIdI Controller) -->
Carvin Legacy 100W w/ 5881's -->
TC Electronics G-major (Rear Effects) -->
(Modified) Carvin Lagacy 4x12 w/ Vitage 30's