i need help with writing lyrics...like i dont know how to start it an have a good sound with it...do i write lyrics or i find chords etc then lyrics? i have ideas on what to write but just dont know how to what i wish into lyrics.
----------------------------------
My Gear-
Black And White Crate Fat Strat
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap
well i usually write a song music wise first and then put lyrics but to each their own really, try my way and then singing along without thinking will help you get an idea of how the singing is going to sound then throw words in to go with whatever your song is about, thats how i do it anyway, goodluck
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Quote by skatooter
well i usually write a song music wise first and then put lyrics but to each their own really, try my way and then singing along without thinking will help you get an idea of how the singing is going to sound then throw words in to go with whatever your song is about, thats how i do it anyway, goodluck

Exactly the same way I do it. It works for me
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Try some of the reading resources we have in this forum.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
i normally write a bunch of little verses and a bunsh of chord progressions and put them in 2 seperate folders... then when i think i have enough i go through the chords folder and pick out progressions i really like, then i go through my lyrics folder and see if there is anything that fits or almost fits. Then I take/add bits and pieces etc.

just make sure when u write lyrics don't go back and edit it until you have found chords, you might be losing something cool
I write the music 1st then I sort of improvise hum the melody and words usually just fit into that. In other words, pretty much what the other people have said so far.
I thought I was a big man until the doctor told me I really do have a third leg