hey idk if this is the right thread but w.e forgive me ha. uh my whammy bar is like ****ed up it wont move...like if i try to loosen it, it wont move it budges a little bit but like it sucks cause now i cant move it while jamming any idea what that heck is goin on ?
----------------------------------
My Gear-
Black And White Crate Fat Strat
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap
ok u mean that the bar is stuck in the way?

not that the bridge is frozen?

if it's the first, then u may have crossed /stripped the threads on the bar.
and u are in trouble.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Depending on the guitar.....unscrew the back hatch and check your springs.

Oil them if need be...or check for any other obstructions
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
why am i in trouble if the teeth are stripped ?
My Gear-
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap
Quote by Epiphone_Player

cause you'll probably need to change either the bridge or the bar
Quote by Epiphone_Player

if the threads are crossed. it wont screw out.

so you can try to unscrew it, get it in a better spot.
that might just break/bend it, the bridge, or jam it in a worse spot.

if it is stuck and ur sure of it. then you can make the bar shorter, so it's out of the way. you can even put the cap on the new end.

either that or swap out ur bridge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

oka so if i wanna get a new bridge what shuld i go for? like a floating ? kuz i hate how my bar only goes down.haha is this like a blessing in disguise ?
My Gear-
Black Yamaha AE500
Blue Aria Acoustic
Crate VTX30B
Behringer HBO1 Hellbabe
Clayton .80mm Picks
Levy's Strap
Quote by Epiphone_Player
oka so if i wanna get a new bridge what shuld i go for? like a floating ? kuz i hate how my bar only goes down.haha is this like a blessing in disguise ?

lol, probably

just put a similar one and set it as a floating bridge, it's not that hard
you would probably have to route out some wood to get it to fit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Is this the strat? Is it a standard strat tremolo? If so some people tighten them down a la Clapton so the bridge won't move. It should have 4 or 6 screws in front, next to the bridge pickup. Loosen these and re-tighten them so that the front of the bridge just barely touches the body.

Then take the back plate off and check the springs, they may be tightened to help lock the bridge in place. Loosen them so the back of the bridge plate is 1/8" above the body, you will have to make slight adjustments and retune a lot. The 2 claw screws make the adjustment.

I prefer a different setup, I let mine truly float, not touching the body with just a tiny bit of clearance, maybe .010 at most, only the two outside screws holding with the other 4 loose and the bridge plate almost parallel. I have about 1/32 clearance at the back of the bridge plate. I don't have much up pull on the tremolo, but it has plenty down and less intonation troubles. The tremolo also seems to work pretty smooth. I also use .009 gauge strings and two springs on the tremolo, with a Hipshot Tremsetter in place of the 3rd spring. Between the tremsetter and the equalized spring/string tension it works pretty well.

Sometimes on a bridge setup "hard tail" it will have a wood block in back to hold the tremolo in place. Remove that.

Here's the Fender setup page if you want it set up to factory specs.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
pete, i think he's saying that the bar itself is cross thread and stuck in a spot that interferes with his playing on the higher frets. not that the bridge is frozen.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Re-reading it you may be right, I wasn't sure.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
If you crossed the threads just rethread it instead of buying a new trem. Thank got for my Ibanez pop in arm =P
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN