Hey guys.

I want to remove the humbucker covers on my les paul and was wondering whether i would need to do any adjusting of the pickup heights or whatever once they are off?

Or can i just take em off and rock...

Thanx

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
depends on how you take them off...of you can just pull them off then no big but if you have to remove them then there maybe some adjustement...

Try yanking them off...if it doesnt work then they are probably soldered on. In that case take them off by the plastic rings and leave the other 2 screws alone. If you have a soldering iron just melt the solder a lil bit and take it off...if not you might have a bit more problems but try and take a go at it with wire cutters if your really impatient...if not just get a soldering pen from radioshack...they run under 10 bucks.
If they are wax-potted it could get a little messy. Unless you just like the look of uncovered better its really not worth the hassle. Its an old myth that it significantly increases power or frequency response. There is a tiny difference but its virtually unnoticable unless you use an occilliscope. Might be better off just to get new pickups.
its mostly just for look. but the covers have like 7 screws on each one or something. looks like u could take them off with a flathead.

it would be tuff i think to pull them out b/c they look like they sit kinda deep in those plastic things.

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"
Quote by DARTH HAX
its mostly just for look. but the covers have like 7 screws on each one or something. looks like u could take them off with a flathead.

it would be tuff i think to pull them out b/c they look like they sit kinda deep in those plastic things.

_B_

The covers are soldered onto the pickups, also they'll ususlly be epoxied to the cover too. It's really not worth it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmm. well if they are soldered on then i guess ill just leave them until i do a pickup swap sometime down the road to some better pickups.

ill try to get that pic for you cloud.

_B_
"TONE ADDICT"