That people who listen to certain genres of music, have to hate some bastardazation of the music...
Like, if it doesn't have the same qualities are every other band that they listen to it sucks. All the dudes who listen to Morbid Angel, Pestilence, Master, Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, Cynic for example, must ****ing hate Slipknot. Those who listen to Jazz can enjoy Bebop, Free Jazz, Swing, Acid and even ****ing Fusion but they have to hate the genre of Smooth Jazz, because it sounds like ****ing Elevator music...do people really let their fellow metal, Jazz, Blues, Classic rock or what ever listers get to them to the point to where these bands or genres are tabooed?
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by zwart_gitaar
That people who listen to certain genres of music, have to hate some bastardazation of the music...
Like, if it doesn't have the same qualities are every other band that they listen to it sucks. All the dudes who listen to Morbid Angel, Pestilence, Master, Cannibal Corpse, Atheist, Cynic for example, must ****ing hate Slipknot. Those who listen to Jazz can enjoy Bebop, Free Jazz, Swing, Acid and even ****ing Fusion but they have to hate the genre of Smooth Jazz, because it sounds like ****ing Elevator music...do people really let their fellow metal, Jazz, Blues, Classic rock or what ever listers get to them to the point to where these bands or genres are tabooed?

Yes! I agree 100% hell give it a good listen before you write it off as crap. Don't be afraid to like something cause it's not "Metal" enough...
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
Quote by Lumberjackted6
Hi my name is Lumberjackted6

no freakin way dude...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i just got done yelling at some tard that made ANOTHER "i hate emos" thread. im so sick of it. his defense was "why do emos put pics of themselves on the internet" do you people not realize that about a million+ people put pictures of themselve on the internet? jst let it die
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Lumberjackted6

You say that alot...
Don't ya man...
lol
Most people take a while to learn to appreciate MUSIC, rather than their favorite bands...
I listen to all jazz, and i like smooth jazz. I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by Lumberjackted6

Y hallo thar
I believe in Rock and Roll. Can I get an Amen?

Quote by rizo299
A drunk guy on the the bus asked me if i remembered the 60's. I told him i was 17 then he told me that everyone remembers the 60's.

I thought about it, and frankly, I couldn't fault his logic.
half this thread has said hello to jumberjackted6. the other half agrees with the TS. i on the other hand...
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
i'm with slim...whatever the hell he is with....

and to ts, yeah, it is kinda stupid because that basically is true in every sense...
well i think its because they like the style of ( lets just say death metal ) so much that all the aspects of the songs are just shockingly great to them right? well when they listen to death metal they're gonna want to find something just as hard hitting or harder you know? and going back to just old school black sabbath is NOT going to satisfy their needs so they tend to trash the music.

get my point?
What are you searching for, some sort of e-props from your fellow Uger?

I think you answered your own question with "people who listen to certain genres of music, have to hate some bastardization of the music..." Well, no **** people hate the bastardization of the music they love. Sure a lot of the time it's just simple changes in the music, however, these simple changes can remove a certain aspect from the genre that the avid listener prefers. The avid listener sees this simple change as a threat to the music they love and does not want to associate the bands that made that certain change in the music with their own genre. I'm not saying that it's a bastardization if it's just a change in the music, after all if there were no changes music would never progress and would become generic and boring, what I'm saying is that there are certain things you cannot change in most genres of music that make those genres unique.

Wow...I'm not sure if I just wrote a bunch of BS or something that actually makes sense. Don't tear me a new one if you see something wrong with this post, I might have just worded it incorrectly.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
What are you searching for, some sort of e-props from your fellow Uger?

I think you answered your own question with "people who listen to certain genres of music, have to hate some bastardization of the music..." Well, no **** people hate the bastardization of the music they love. Sure a lot of the time it's just simple changes in the music, however, these simple changes can remove a certain aspect from the genre that the avid listener prefers. The avid listener sees this simple change as a threat to the music they love and does not want to associate the bands that made that certain change in the music with their own genre. I'm not saying that it's a bastardization if it's just a change in the music, after all if there were no changes music would never progress and would become generic and boring, what I'm saying is that there are certain things you cannot change in most genres of music that make those genres unique.

Wow...I'm not sure if I just wrote a bunch of BS or something that actually makes sense. Don't tear me a new one if you see something wrong with this post, I might have just worded it incorrectly.

Nah, I understand you point, brother and if the person just naturally does not enjoy the music, its cool, but it seems common that every single person in that scene ****ing HATES a certain band because its diffrent from the usual ****..
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Bah can't stand people being like that (and most people are). I would say that i do not fit in to that category, i listen only to metal, but a lot of different types, some of my friends find it quite amazing that i listen to Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot, Metallica, Anaal Nathrack, Behemoth, Sonata Arctica, Burzum and a lot of other different bands, in the same playlist.