http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo?sku=519398

I've been looking for something with Floyd Rose, and it just so happens it's in an Epiphone Les Paul (something I want). Dunno' bout the studio part. Studio means its just not so much eye candy right?

I was going to replace the hardware and pick ups anyway, so would it be a good deal? (Gold hardware with EMG 81 and 85)
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Last edited by TSelman at Sep 9, 2007,
Sweet, I'm going order it now. If I don't like it, I'll just mod the **** out of it like I do with my guitars ha
yeah those are nice guitars man, no matter what, you can mod it like hell to make it awesome. HOWEVER! i wouldnt get that. i would get an old BURNY with a floyd rose off ebay, they are very very comparable to gibson. and half the price, if that.
I got a question about Floyd's. Is it safe or would it damage it if I spray painted it gold? Or can I buy a gold Floyd Rose?
Quote by TSelman
I got a question about Floyd's. Is it safe or would it damage it if I spray painted it gold? Or can I buy a gold Floyd Rose?

i think it would be better to buy a gold OFR
Quote by deluxity
i think it would be better to buy a gold OFR

OFR means? Official Floyd Rose? The Ep comes with a licensed.com I heard Official and Licensed are different.
original, official, same thing. haha. licensed is like a floyd rose copy, if you sepdn a good amount on a licensed, youll get something thats quality, they are just like guitars, you get what you pay for. that is probably a decent one, but the saddles might wear out fast if they arent hardened steel. look into old burnys man, i believe they had original floyds.

edit:
no this isnt spamming, dont b1tch at me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burny-LPC-LP-Custom-w-Kahler-Lic-Trem-Unit-Rare_W0QQitemZ200147548141QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THAT, is one hell of an instrument, a kahler would woop a floyd any day in my opinion, as i have 2 guitars with kahlers.
OFR = made by floyd rose

LFR = made by a guitar company with floyd rose's specifications

OFR are waaaaaaaay better
Well LFRs are a crapshoot because there are so many different manufacturers. I'm sure there are plenty of good LFRs that compare with OFRs (like Schallers, Carvins, etc).

The one on the Epi is probably of medium quality. At best it might be like a Gotoh or something but its probably not the most terrible piece of pot metal FR ever made.
I'd check for more feedback on that particular LFR before I bought it. I don't trust them, but there are a few good ones. The guitar look like it might be ok, but if that's a mahogany sandwich instead of a solid mahogany body that's a little pricey. The description just says "mahogany body" instead of "solid mahogany."
Dude there is so much better that you can get, like this for example:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964

Even though it's $100 more, it's cheaper in the long run because you'll never have to replace the trem, the ZR is as good or better than an OFR.
It's all Mahogany too, like an LP but lighter. It's just a higher quality instrument all around.

There is one hitch for you though; the body is so thin that there is no room for a battery compartment for EMGs, so you'll need an external power source (don't know much about those, ask around). Or you could put some Evolutions in it, they're cheaper than EMG's too.