What are your guy's opinion with Cort and their basses? I sort of want to stay away from the fender bass's, even though they are GREAT basses, I like to stay away from mainstream instraments.
Umm... Fender owns Cort.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
ive only seen cort beginner basses. it was pretty good for a beginer bass
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Zar938
what's wrong with mainstream, is it uncool?

No, that's just sort of how I roll I guess.
I mean if it's the same quality and just as good.
Quote by RockettBoy
No, that's just sort of how I roll I guess.
I mean if it's the same quality and just as good.

Music is mainstream. Instruments are popular. There's usually a reason instruments are popular, and it's rarely because it's trendy. You're not going avante-garde on me, are you?

Cort is a decent bass company with a penchant for useless names, like Ibanez. However, I despise the tone of the Curbrows. They may be some people's cup of tea, but some people lie.

EDIT: http://youtube.com/watch?v=x9iDTdYHoR4

If you somehow find that tone appealing, you might want to invest in a Big Muff (tell Caustic that's 3 for the day).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 9, 2007,
Instruments that aren't "mainstream" also tend to be hella expensive.

Anyways, I've heard good things about the Cort Curbow bass.
One name stands out for cort basses. T.M Stevens. He has a sweet bass. And I heard good things about the curbow bass.
Cort's pretty good as a company. They make a lotta Korean basses you see nowadays.
haha
Quote by rage6945
i've only seen cort beginner basses. it was pretty good for a beginer bass

Any bass is a beginner bass. But even with the cheapest make as long as the person who holds it pours everything he has in it that bass will be as good as any Fender, specter or musicman.....well may be not music man, but still pretty good.

T.M Stevens plays cort and he's incredible. Heavy metal, funk with James Brown like vocals. Pretty sweet should check him out.
Billy Cox also has a Cort signature model.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by gotbass
Who's billy cox?

He played with hendrix if im thinking of the right guy, and i thought he played Lakland basses?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
He played with hendrix if im thinking of the right guy, and i thought he played Lakland basses?

I'm sure he used several basses, but he has a signature model called the Cort Freedom. It has the same pickup config as an Urge II, but the P-pickup is right at the neck. Talk about boom!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
honestly, Cort is one of the best mass produced instruments out there. The other day i played a Cort B4 beside an American Fender Jazz with a Precision neck. The cort was nicer and half the price, so that pretty much sold me on getting a cort again.

As for mine, i have a passive action which while not a super great bass does a great job for what it is.

As for those curbows i reckon it's like any bass made out of new age materials like a modulus flea sig, you either love them or hate them
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I tend to regard Cort as a rather good manufacturer, making some pretty good stuff for the price, and considering the production they do for other companies, one would assume they know how to make some nice instruments.

That said, I am somewhat biased. ( I own a Cort, and I heart it )
actually cort makes all the G&L Tributes i found out the other day, which is pretty good when they are compared to American Fenders
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Some random guy in a guitar shop came up to me and suggested I try out one of those Corts with a short scale neck. I fell in love with the thing, and its pretty damn cheap.
I Heart Cort.
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
I have a Cort Curbow 6 string bass and it was worth every penny. They are very versatile basses. But don't take my word for it (or anyone elses for that matter); play one for yourself and decide if you like it.
Corts have their fans, and are decently made. I for one, don't care for their tone, but they are playable and built well

Quote by gotbass
Who's billy cox?

Yes, Billy Cox was a long time friend of Hendrix, and played in the Band Of Gypsies. Bass Player did a nice write up on his style this summer see: http://www.bassplayer.com/article/new-rising-sound/Jul-07/29668
I was tempted to get a cort C4 over my newest bass, i tried many cort's and did like them alot (I just liked the ibanez alot more)
Wow, Cort's are alot more popular for bass than guitar...

Anyways I own two Cort Geetars and they are sweet. Excellent quality from what I've played.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I have a Cort C4 and an A6. Both are remarkable basses, definately worth buying. The A6 is a bit bright because of the body woods, but is still fantastic to play, even if it weighs a ton. the C4 is a nice workhorse, the pickups are decent, its got a good weight to it, and with the wenge neck its stupidly fast.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
I have a Cort C4 and an A6. Both are remarkable basses, definately worth buying. The A6 is a bit bright because of the body woods, but is still fantastic to play, even if it weighs a ton. the C4 is a nice workhorse, the pickups are decent, its got a good weight to it, and with the wenge neck its stupidly fast.

don't listen to Stu, he's a fanboy

Who's also correct How I hate saying that...
my cort funk machine is possibly the coolest bass I've ever owned in my life. They do make some killer basses for the price
Quote by Deliriumbassist
don't listen to Stu, he's a fanboy

Who's also correct How I hate saying that...

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by RockettBoy
I like to stay away from mainstream instraments.

This could potientally be the dumbest thing I have heard on these boards. Who knows maybe people use Fender Basses cuz they are amoung the best around.
I can understand where he is comming from, mainstream brands tend to be overrated (fender, Ibanez, Gibson to name a few) so there's a good possibility that by not paying for a brand name you will get a better deal.

For instance i played a second hand USA Jazz the other day, I cannot comment on it's feel as it had a precision neck however i can comment on the tone which i found very weak compared to the new Cort B4 i played afterwards which was godly in both feel and tone, comparable to the 2nd hand spector that's goin for the same as the fender.
Gear:
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Last edited by Double Basser at Oct 9, 2007,
I own a Cort GB something or other. It has a 2-band eq, came well set up and plays nicely.
A good bass imo, Although I don't like the bridge on that thing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by cashewchaching
Umm... Fender owns Cort.

Hmm, I'm 97% sure that's a lie. Where did you read that? Cort builds for Fender, but they build for lots of companies.
my brother played in a band with the son of the owner of cort. they are from korea but moved here. he gets hooked up with some pretty sweet deals. he loves the tone of the c4 and says they are extremely versatile. in my opinion, it is good for the money.
Cort are some of the best basses in the intermediate price range, i have played many and some play just as well as an instrument 3 times the price, especially the artisan series. In fact i liked them som much i have recently ordered a c4 in walnut satim (beautiful...).

Also , and this is important... CORT BUILD QUALITY IS FANTASTIC! DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT THEY MAKE ALL THE FENDERS AND GIBSON OUTSIDE OF AMERICA IN THE SAME FACTORIES THAT THEY MAKE THEIR OWN BASSES? I can't say about their guitars, but bass wise, cort a fantastic.
JUST TO CLARIFY< I DIDN"T MEAN THEY WERE BETTER THASN THE TOP OF THE LINE GIBSON S OR FENDERS. ALTJHOUGH THEY MIGHT BE< I HAVEN"T PLAYED many. But i do know a cheap cort is much better option than a j or p Squier!