Everybody loses their way once and while. Hit a road block along the way and as soon as they hear or see something that inspires them and they go full force fingers blazing and come up with the bass lines. Whether it's the heaviest metal, the greasiest funk or the kinda walk that just has you stomping. Where do you get your inspiration from and why.
Mike Watt, always. Ever time I see him play, I feel like I should practice more and become a better bassist. Learn tons from him, not just music, but literature and the like. Watt has a very huge influence on me, so much he's almost my sole influence.

Quote by Doolittle
Mike Watt, always. Ever time I see him play, I feel like I should practice more and become a better bassist. Learn tons from him, not just music, but literature and the like. Watt has a very huge influence on me, so much he's almost my sole influence.

I've heard so many good things and read so many articles, but never actually heard him play.

I usually listen to T.M. STevens, Flea from R.H.C.P and any rage against the machine tune. As soon as I hear any sleep now in the fire or killin' in the name I gave beat on my bass for hrs.
^Well i think you should check Watt out. I know for a fact Flea was himself was very inspired by him. He has a Minutemen sticker on one of his basses (i have the same sticker hehe). But check out fIREHOSE and The Minutemen to hear Watt lay down the basslines.

I tend to lose inspiration when I find that I'm not able to play like a certain person I'm trying to play like. That's when I look back a bit and realize that I don't want to sound like whoever that person is; I want to sound like me. That prevents me from saying 'well, that's very un-Jaco' or 'Entwistle wouldn't do this' and lets me continue. However, if I can't get over something, I decide it's time to quit. I'm a firm believer that something's not worth forcing if it won't go.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..