Umm...ask them what they use?

I didn't really like that tone though...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Ibanez? Toneblaster? In other words a load of crap?
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 9, 2007,
eh i liked it.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
That tone isn't good...

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
terrible tone. although it might be because of bad recording equipment. any ss amp would get that tone, very thin distortion with little bass would probably do it.
Well, it could just be the quality of the video, but that tone was horrible.
But I do know that FFAF use 5150's so many look into those?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
no offence, but I use tones like that so I know what to avoid when I'm dialling in my tone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tr3nt
eh i liked it.

I guess thats good and bad, good being you can get that tone with cheaper equipment and bad being it did sound very good. But if you liked just get a guitar with humbuckers and a high gain amp or heavy distortion pedal. Crank up the treble crank down the bass but the mids somewhere in between and crank the distortion that should work......
Quote by Dave_Mc
no offence, but I use tones like that so I know what to avoid when I'm dialling in my tone.

Ah, Dave..you make me laff.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
well I'm afraid that their settings could have been alot better, I mean the guitar wasn't very realistic sounding .....If you want a tone like that get a Line 6 Spider III
=P =P....naw, there are various places that can help you such as

The link below, has tones for amps and pedel effects, use a mixture to get what you want

http://www.hamptonplace.com/tonedepot/settings/
i'd try a metal zone for a sterile trebley tone like that. or a line 6 spyder. but if you want quality distorition and tones, look at peavey, laney, orange, mesa,
Quote by CodySG

Ah, Dave..you make me laff.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
For good tone, refer to Stevie Ray Vaughan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxLgGVRV64

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
For good tone, refer to Stevie Ray Vaughan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxLgGVRV64

or Bonamassa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcSWbRZ3y5w

But really, that video TS posted was shit, it sounded like a Metal Zone through an MG, in other words, BAD.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Bahaha, I'm sorry topic creator, but you just need time to train your ears.

Dave's post made me crack up though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by Dave_Mc

One of the many reasons why I love you, man.

Really, that's a horrible tone, though. They're not replicating FFAF's tone at all. They're pretty much replicating Norma Jean's tone. And that's not something you wanna do.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
idont like the tone...however that band sounded better the Funeral for a friend
Quote by Horlicks
LOL, I was expecting some quality tone there

Same, very dissapionted with thread starter, and after all that effort we made in clicking the YT link, *sighs* back to the other Threads in GG+A.