Trading my guitar so I'm trading my sound from Fendery cleans to a more hard rock hi-gain OD,think somewhere between Mother's Milk era RHCP mixed with new Avenged Sevenfold. Gonna be playing a Schecter C-1 E/A with a SD SH-1 59' in the neck and a SD SH-5 Custom in the Bridge..Both amps seem real good for my needs but the classic might be too bluesy for me and the XXX may be too metal for me,gonna hit up GC on monday so if anyone has any info/suggestions on these amps or any others at a similar price range i'd appreciate it
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
check out the laney LC series also, and ooohhh the traynor ycv series too, they are great. a good mix between fender and marshall [=
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
The peavey XXX Imo isnt that good, the classic is a great amp though, really good cleans and OD up to rock, but not enough for avenged sevenfold.

As said above^^ The Laney LC is a good amp, but if im not mistaken your from America, meaning it will cost more than it would in england, which means it will be along the same price as amps which could be better.
Traynor YCV50 with an OD.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ agreed.

problem with the xxx is that it'll do the cleans and modern high gain, but not much in-between. even the crunch channel sounds kinda metallic.

EDIT: oh a kustom coupe might be worth an audition too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ agreed.

problem with the xxx is that it'll do the cleans and modern high gain, but not much in-between. even the crunch channel sounds kinda metallic.

EDIT: oh a kustom coupe might be worth an audition too.

yeah. though, Dave, i think it's worth noting that when i got the schecter w/ emgs, both the clean and the crunch were significantly improved. i went from almost never using the crunch channel, to playing van halen all the time on it.

PANAMA O o O oooOO

but yeah, i still think it's to much more of a metal amp for the thread starter. agreed on the traynor with an OD, or maybe a used marshall jcm 800 or 900. Laney is another good choice.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
yeah, i could see how the emg's could help the crunch channel, could give it a bit of a kick... way it is, it's kinda too weak sounding for the modern stuff, and too modern for the more classic stuff.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i could see how the emg's could help the crunch channel, could give it a bit of a kick... way it is, it's kinda too weak sounding for the modern stuff, and too modern for the more classic stuff.

yeah, the deal with it was, when ever i had the gain low enough to my liking for a crunch sound, the volume dropped way off. EMG's set it at more of a happy medium. clean was more clear/shimmery. i was pleasantly surprised.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

yep, makes sense.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
to make a point: the crunch channel on the XXX can be nice with the right pick ups.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

yeah, probably.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm I'll def try out Traynor YCV with prolly a Big Muff ,Laneys too pricey for me,Marshall JCM was first choice but used they hard to find at a decent price around here
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej