Page 1 of 2
I know its probably just to fit in, but really. I know there are other cliques and subcultures that are ridiculous such as the redneck goths but really what is so appealing about emo-culture?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
I know its probably just to fit in, but really. I know there are other cliques and subcultures that are ridiculous such as the redneck goths but really what is so appealing about emo-culture?

Pics.
like to other people or to girls?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
**** this emo topic.. I want to know about these red neck goths you speak of..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by aggiefan33
Because Circle Takes the Square is amazing. **** fashion. emo music is where it's at.

What's so Emo about Circle Takes The Square?
Poor advice.
I dunno'. All I know is that I'm more tired of the trend of people giving death threats to emos, over emos themselves. If these people wanna' live a life of self loathing and being an attention *****, they have the freedom (and the lack of self respect) to do that. Just like a coke head has the freedom to try his first rail.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
Quote by stellar_legs
What's so Emo about Circle Takes The Square?

I, along with many people, consider their genre emo/screamo
Let the ****ing emo topic die, everyone.

I want to know more about these goth rednecks.

What do they look like? What do they sound like? What do they talk about?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by aggiefan33

I dunno. I call all music that sounds like that Punk. I miss being able to call that type of music Punk. Back in the day I considered bands like Thursday, At The Drive-In, etc. to be Punk, but then the Emo label came around.

CTTS does own, tho.
Poor advice.
Quote by aggiefan33

most people who like an emo band raise hell when someone calls them emo. good for you!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by metal_rocker23
hasnt this been done? like a thousand times before?
No this is the first emo thread ever
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by stellar_legs
I dunno. I call all music that sounds like that Punk. I miss being able to call that type of music Punk. Back in the day I considered bands like Thursday, At The Drive-In, etc. to be Punk, but then the Emo label came around.

CTTS does own, tho.

Well, CTTS consider themselves punk, but emo is more accurate and not as wide-open as punk.
Quote by metal_rocker23
hasnt this been done? like a thousand times before?

Who cares? Let it go on.

I'm waiting for that asshole who thinks My Chemical Romance are Emo, and that Emo kids cut their wrists to get here so I can argue with his dumbass.
Poor advice.
I don't have problems with emo kids. It's just a trend, who cares?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by aggiefan33
Well, CTTS consider themselves punk, but emo is more accurate and not as wide-open as punk.

I suppose, but my definition of Punk isn't most people idea of it. You'd be amazed at what I do and don't consider punk.
Poor advice.
well I'm not dissing I'm just wondering; I almost veered on the edge of being emo- scene is different btw

redneck goths. well I'm from KY so pretty much everyone hear is a redneck- "something"
It's hard to explain. They try to be metal..(nu' metal, really) so they mix up the overalls/plaids fashion with dark clothing and parachute pants. I'm talking about the generalized idea of a "goth mall-rat" kid
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by stellar_legs
Who cares? Let it go on.

I'm waiting for that asshole who thinks My Chemical Romance are Emo, and that Emo kids cut their wrists to get here so I can argue with his dumbass.

i think MCR is emo, but even if they arent, every emo kid i know loves them.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
i think MCR is emo, but even if they arent, every emo kid i know loves them.

People have this aaumption of what it is, without once stopping to understand it.

MCR may have emo qualities, but they're so far from what that genre actually means.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
Who cares? Let it go on.

He should be here soon, seeing as how the emo elitist who can't understand the concept that music evolves over time.. Has already arrived.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stellar_legs
People have this aaumption of what it is, without once stopping to understand it.

MCR may have emo qualities, but they're so far from what that genre actually means.

Thank you. I love MCR to death but I can never find an appropriate genre to label them as.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Emo is just a label.

I just don't really understand how someone could be proud of being a self loathing pussy.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Thank you. I love MCR to death but I can never find an appropriate genre to label them as.

Third wave.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jersey_Zombie

pop-punk I think, and just let this emo bashing die already pretty please?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by shut_up_n00b
pop-punk I think, and just let this emo bashing die already pretty please?

Eh I was thinking something like that.

BTW your avatar pwns. Bleach FTW
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by Jersey_Zombie

Death Metal.
Quote by NGD1313
Death Metal.

I challenge you..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stellar_legs
I suppose, but my definition of Punk isn't most people idea of it. You'd be amazed at what I do and don't consider punk.

I'm interested. Go ahead.
Quote by aggiefan33
I'm interested. Go ahead.

I dunno, I can't just really pull anything off the top of my head, but I'll try.

Stuff I consider Punk as opposed to what it's associated with: Sonic Youth, Billy Bragg, Woodie Gunthrie, Sleater-Kinney, Bloc Party, the Blood Brothers, Patti Smith, Neil Young, David Bowie, more.

Sure, those artists are attributed to other genres, and theys hould be. But all of them are Punk in spirit, and that's all that matters.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
I dunno, I can't just really pull anything off the top of my head, but I'll try.

Stuff I consider Punk as opposed to what it's associated with: Sonic Youth, Billy Bragg, Woodie Gunthrie, Sleater-Kinney, Bloc Party, the Blood Brothers, Patti Smith, Neil Young, David Bowie, more.

Sure, those artists are attributed to other genres, and theys hould be. But all of them are Punk in spirit, and that's all that matters.

In that case, Fela Kuti is more punk than all of them put together. Same with Half Japanese..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stellar_legs

ummm......bloc party..............okay, there more alternative tbh.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by stellar_legs

Dude, word. I like how you think.
Quote by Stingz.
ummm......bloc party..............okay, there more alternative tbh.

Um, err, I'm pretty sure I explained my reasoning.
Poor advice.
Quote by stellar_legs
Um, err, I'm pretty sure I explained my reasoning.

But punk came after Woodie Guthrie.. Therefore punk would technically be folk. Or at least, with your reasoning.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by stellar_legs

That's a bizarre.......statement.

You defined punk by naming some bands, then you said they are punk because they carry the spirit of punk, which would be the spirit of themselves?!

I see where you are going with it, you just never got there.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Gee i wish my front lawn was 'EMO' then it might cut itself
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Page 1 of 2