Ive got about $1000 and am looking for a new amplifier, tube prefered. Any suggestions? Ive got a fender strat and play alot of classic rock and love, love, LOVE garage rock (the kinks, link wray, the white stripes, JET, etc). Some experienced professional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
ROCK
unh...

Marshal 1960 cab (700 new probably about 500 used)
Peavey Classic 30 Head (about 550 new and 400 used)

Just a suggestion though
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
well, i have a peavy 6505 + (just under a grand) and it's crunch/clean channels are great for classic/old rock. but if u need a cab, try peavy's valve king (about 550$)
and a cab would run about 500.
^^I wouldn't use a 6505 for classic rock...But that's just me...

Anyway, 1000 buckaroos is a nice healthy budget. There's a lot you can do with that.

A Peavey Classic 30 would suit you just fine, I think. Grab an EHX Big Muff Pi, or a BBE Free Fuzz, and you're set for garage rock, too. A Peavey Delta Blues is worth looking into, as well. Great cleans.

See if you can find a Traynor YCV50 Blue. That would be awesome for classic rock.
6505's have notoriously bad cleans. 6505+s have slightly better but still bad

Valvekings (especially the heads) are great... some people don't like them, but I think they're fine.

I'd still recommend the 1960 though. Standard cab of rock and roll.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
traynor eh?
tell me more!
i love peaveys clean channels, very clear, very clean, but im not sure its the sound im looking for. any1 know any bands that DONT PLAY METAL and use peavey amps?
ROCK
Last edited by The MoptTop at Sep 9, 2007,
way ahead of ya one that one, gotta love the pi!
i hear the orange amps are good for class rock, but theyre so damn expensive.
ROCK
Carvin Legacy maybe? A friend has one, I haven't played around with it to much but seemed very versatile. Nice tone to it, but like I said not too much first hand knowledge of them. New might be over $1000 but should be able to get used head and 2x12 or 2x12 combo 100watt for under a grand
Peavey Windsor is worth taking for a spin too - although with $1000 you might want to look at getting a better cab for it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com