So I'm seeing Against Me! tomorrow, very excited. Has anyone else seen them and if so, how are they live? I mean the tickets were only $15 dollars so even if they play all material from New Wave, I won't be disappointed.
666 BRO
i would like to have seen against me back in the day, but the stuff i have been hearing recently is bad...idk....what kind of venue is it at?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
^ At a local club. I really hope they play material from Searching for a Former Clarity or Reinventing Axl Rose. I really don't like New Wave. :\
666 BRO
Quote by mike2
i would like to have seen against me back in the day, but the stuff i have been hearing recently is bad...idk....what kind of venue is it at?

Yeah, I agree.
I saw Against Me! a couple years ago when they opened for Alkaline Trio. They put on a great show. I haven't really liked what I've heard from New Wave though.
I guess I'm the only one that likes New Wave.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I guess I'm the only one that likes New Wave.

Well, you're the only non-permabanned one who likes it
Quote by neidnarb11890
Well, you're the only non-permabanned one who likes it

*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
only $15? That's such a ripoff I'd never pay that much to see them... or any band unless it was a fest then I understand based on logisitcs you have to do that.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
The show was amazing. During the show most of the crowd rushed on stage, I hugged Tom Gabel! w00t! Afterwards one of my friends got Warren's drumstick, I wanted it. . Overall it was amazing.
666 BRO
^Sounds awesome. They're a band I have to see
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Kankuro
The show was amazing. During the show most of the crowd rushed on stage, I hugged Tom Gabel! w00t! Afterwards one of my friends got Warren's drumstick, I wanted it. . Overall it was amazing.

how much of their old stuff did they play?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Quote by Kankuro
So I'm seeing Against Me! tomorrow, very excited. Has anyone else seen them and if so, how are they live? I mean the tickets were only $15 dollars so even if they play all material from New Wave, I won't be disappointed.

"only 15 dollars" thats a ripoff.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
why are people saying 15 is a ripoff? for a popular band? thats a good deal.

hell, i played a battle of the bands, with bands no-ones ever ****ing heard of, and the tickets were 15, so thats a damn good deal IMO.
I actually love New Wave. Im open to change.
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Quote by original=punk
why are people saying 15 is a ripoff? for a popular band? thats a good deal.

hell, i played a battle of the bands, with bands no-ones ever ****ing heard of, and the tickets were 15, so thats a damn good deal IMO.

Shows should cost $7 or less. End of story. I don't care how popular the band is. Music should be something that everyone can afford. I think working one hour is worth the three you get when you pay for a show.
Quote by Ska Wars
how much of their old stuff did they play?

They played 2 tracks from New Wave, New Wave and White People for Peace. They stuck to their old stuff, it was amazing. They ended with "Baby, I'm an Anarchist". Yes, $15 is not a ripoff, considering tickets for big wig bands such as The Police, run for about $1000. :\
666 BRO
They're here next month but my parents aren't letting me go....

Maybe another time I guess

I like White People For Peace!!!
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
It's good (and sorta comforting) to know that they're playing a lot of old stuff. They're new tour is gonna be ****ing epic too. World/Inferno Friendship Society, Cobra Skulls (!!) and Sage Francis - Sage effing Francis.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Ive seen them twice including one on the new wave tour. They played alot of the old stuff but i dunno i think it was because it was in St. pete (about 3 hours from gainesville) and they have a little bit of roots in the area plus lots of family at the show
Quote by whyvern
Shows should cost $7 or less. End of story. I don't care how popular the band is. Music should be something that everyone can afford. I think working one hour is worth the three you get when you pay for a show.

this aint the workers revolution anymore buddy, half the worlds population couldn't give a **** about music, and unfortanutly that half is controlling ticket prices deal with it.
Quote by LastTrainToCool
this aint the workers revolution anymore buddy, half the worlds population couldn't give a **** about music, and unfortanutly that half is controlling ticket prices deal with it.

no.

**** you.

I'm not going to deal with it.

That's why we're working for a revolution and every ****ty house show in a basement puts us one step closer to a better world. I'm not going to give up and give in to their bull****. Art realistically should be free. If you feel like you need to support it then go ahead but it should be accesable to anyone and everyone. **** 15 dollar tickets. **** against me. **** giving up.

You might not see us making a difference, but the very fact we can put on a DIY tour and go all over the world is a huge difference and fighting globalization from within. We are making a difference. We do food not bombs. We take back community spaces. Our houses are more than just places where we eat and sleep, we build communities around them. We give them names and personalities. We provide an alternative lifestyle to bull**** boring consumerist capitalism.

Let me say once again, I will not ignore it and every band that charges unreasonable amounts of money for their shows, I'm going to call them out on it and call them bull**** artists.
i keep trying to organize a basement show or backsard show but my drummer alwayus goes "no thats stupid, no-one will want to go to a backyard show" and i say "why the hell not?"
I was going to play a show in a garage, but we realized we weren't ready for a show. I think you should play where ever you can.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

yeah i wanna get shows, but all our drummer talks aobut is getting our EP done so we can record in a studio and qwuite franky, i dont want to record in a studio, our recordings sound dman good for using two drum mics in his basement.
I listened to your band and it sounds pretty good. I wouldn't worry about recording yet, I'd play shows.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

exactly! tell our drummer that

he says that if he shows his older cousin our stuff he'd get us shows.

meh. i dont want osmeone to get us shows.
Quote by whyvern
no.

**** you.

I'm not going to deal with it.

That's why we're working for a revolution and every ****ty house show in a basement puts us one step closer to a better world. I'm not going to give up and give in to their bull****. Art realistically should be free. If you feel like you need to support it then go ahead but it should be accesable to anyone and everyone. **** 15 dollar tickets. **** against me. **** giving up.

You might not see us making a difference, but the very fact we can put on a DIY tour and go all over the world is a huge difference and fighting globalization from within. We are making a difference. We do food not bombs. We take back community spaces. Our houses are more than just places where we eat and sleep, we build communities around them. We give them names and personalities. We provide an alternative lifestyle to bull**** boring consumerist capitalism.

Let me say once again, I will not ignore it and every band that charges unreasonable amounts of money for their shows, I'm going to call them out on it and call them bull**** artists.

wait, your that local punk kid? cut against me sold out gainsville, i would be too. and unfortanuetly, your wrong, not everyone listens to music, not everyone basis there political ideologies of what music they're interested in.