Poll: Which speaker combination?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which speaker combination?
The 1x15
4 29%
The 2x10
8 57%
A different combo amp altogether
2 14%
Voters: 14.
Hi, my name's Alex and I'm a bass player. I play 4 and 5 string basses, I play pick, fingerstyle, and slap, and I use effects. I currently have a 60 watt fender amp that has a single 12 inch speaker, but I am thinking of upgrading to a larger combo amp. I prefer combo amps because they have enough power for rehearsals, and are sufficient for gigs because you can just DI them, though I mostly just practise at home as I am more of a solo artist and haven't been in a band for while.

I have been looking at 2 different amps; both of them are Fender bass amps and both of them are in the Rumble 100 series, but only difference being that one has a single 15 inch speaker and the other has two 10 inch speakers. I am finding it very hard to choose between the two because they both have the exact same number and type of jacks, the exact same controls, and exact same power rating, and almost the exact same wieght, and they both each have one piezo horn.

Thus, this decision effectively only involves the speaker combinations, but I can't decide which one would be better, not that I don't know about the advantages of larger speakers over smaller ones, etc. If anyone has any opinion on this could they please let me know, it would be much appreciated
I have a rumble 100 and its pretty sweet. If you got the 2x10 your sound would be much more punchy which is good for the slap technique but really theres not a HUUUGE difference apart from that...
i think you will find the 2x 10 better since singel speaker combos arnt that good
It might be a good idea to get a combo amp with an extension for adding extra cabs. That's what I'm planning on doing, so you have the 2x10" for mids/highs and the 15" for lows. That's be a nice rig to gig with and rehearse, and is pretty versatile.