I'm a little OCD so sorry if this sounds dumb, but my guitars all increase in action higher up the fretboard. Its very minor by max 1mm on the last fret compared to the first fret but I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It doesn't affect playability at all but I can notice the change in action. I can post pics if needed

I haven't ever done a complete proper setup after I changed to 10-52s from regular 9s, but I've lowered the bridge till the strings just start to buzz and backed of a tad. I've set up the trem on the guitar with a trem perfectly parallel to the body.
I've looked down the neck from the head and I don't notice any bend down the neck, but would a truss rod adjustment help or do all guitars have increasing action?

I've asked people but they don't notice i themselves and say my guitars are fine..

thanks guys
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
well, you could TRY doing the truss rod, tighten it a quarter of a turn, if it just messes stuff up, just twist it back, no biggy. iwas worried about this as well, then i tried it and boom it was perfect.
Quote by National_Anthem
Only adjust truss rod if the neck relief is out. It's not for changing action.

yeah, i know, but I was just wondering if the neck relief is what causes the raise in action further up the fretboard.

Anyway thanks guys.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Be sure not to adjust more than 1/8" (inch) if your new to doing adjustments, if you need more still, then wait a day or so, you don't have to if you know what your doing, but you can actually break the neck
well, you could TRY doing the truss rod, tighten it a quarter of a turn, if it just messes stuff up, just twist it back, no biggy.

Don't even think about it. I repeat the above comment:

Only adjust truss rod if the neck relief is out. It's not for changing action.

The truss rod has nothing to do with action and should not be touched unless it's determined to be absolutely necessary.

Be sure not to adjust more than 1/8" (inch) if your new to doing adjustments

Wrong again. The truss rod should only be turned 1/4 turn, and allowed to settle at least overnight before further adjustments. Nothing about inches is involved here except the string clearance you're trying to set. This has also been covered in another thread, LEAVE THE TRUSS ROD ALONE. It should ONLY be adjusted if the backbow is not correct. That means if you capo the first fret and press the top or bottom string at thje last fret, you should have a slight clearance in the middle, enough to slip a thick guitar pick in at very most. Otherwise, leave it alone. If it does need to be adjusted, take it to a reputable shop.

A proper setup should give you good action that you're comfortable with, good intonation, no string buzz and the strings will always be a bit higher at the upper frets than at the nut, that's normal. If you do need to change the action, it is adjusted by raising or lowering the bridge and filing the nut slots if that is necessary. The truss rod is only used to allow some minor back bow so the strings can vibrate without buzzing on the middle frets.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Sep 9, 2007,