Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
This should really be in GG&A.

But anyway, most people prefer the DSL over the TSL, saying that the overdrive channel tends to be a bit tighter than that of the TSL.

I have a TSL combo, and I love it. But as I say, the majority of people on this forum prefer the DSL series over the TSL series.
DSL! don't get the TSL they're the worst amps i've ever heard. i think they sound even worse than the mg's.
Says the guy with the practice amp
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Says the guy with the practice amp

lol that's because i don't have enough money to buy a big amp but does that mean that i haven't played these amps?
the TSL just sounds very lifeless and i don't know anybody who likes that amp either. and what's wrong about the gt-8? since i'm not even supposed to work yet and make my own money i find this is a very good buy. i get a wide range of effects, overdrive/distortion, amps and they all sound VERY good for only 400 bucks. so what?
In your opinion they sound very good. Not in many other people's. Plus you can't really know anything about an amp until you've owned it for a while, it takes a long time to accustomise yourself to a new setup, so you don't know how to 'work' it until you've had it for a while.
--
ah man how can you say that? you don't even know me.
i was sayin that for 400 bucks i get more than i payed. don't try to tell me i don't know nothing about guitars and amps.
DSL imo

Mine has soo much more depth and feel to the tone compared to the tsl.

I just need to get the bastard fixed
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by jAzZMataZz
ah man how can you say that? you don't even know me.
i was sayin that for 400 bucks i get more than i payed. don't try to tell me i don't know nothing about guitars and amps.

No what I meant was about the TSL. You can't really 'know' it until you've owned it for a while. If you like the Gt-8 then great.
--
Quote by J.MitMetallica
No what I meant was about the TSL. You can't really 'know' it until you've owned it for a while. If you like the Gt-8 then great.

same for the gt-8. at first i thought "oh no what have i bought" but if you know how to use it you can get really cool sounds out of it
i really like the DSL combo i played. sounded great. if you get a chance play the tsl and dsl side by side
Quote by jAzZMataZz
DSL! don't get the TSL they're the worst amps i've ever heard. i think they sound even worse than the mg's.

pretty much hit the nail on the head there. The DSLs still aren't very good if you're playing really high gain stuff tho.

Quote by J.MitMetallica
No what I meant was about the TSL. You can't really 'know' it until you've owned it for a while.

what i "know" about it was the distortion was very muddy and harsh, it was hard to distinguish one note from another and generally lacked prescence and character. I genuinely think it's amazing the fact that marshall managed to get a tube amp to sound worse than an MG!
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by eddiehimself
pretty much hit the nail on the head there. The DSLs still aren't very good if you're playing really high gain stuff tho.

what i "know" about it was the distortion was very muddy and harsh, it was hard to distinguish one note from another and generally lacked prescence and character. I genuinely think it's amazing the fact that marshall managed to get a tube amp to sound worse than an MG!

agreed
ah kool, i know ive always heard the dsl is better but i guess i wont know till i try both.

theres a music shop that sells marshalls near me, at last

hopefully shall have my amp by early nov
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
i've never used a DSL myself, but my experience of the TSL (a friend has one), is that they are poo.
hmm... kinda a mixed response about both amps.

im after a jcm because all my heroes use them and guitars players who are good. obviously their skill owns me but its the sound i love so hopefully i can get that sound.

obviously i need to go to a store with my guitar and try them out and see what i think.

also check out other amps and make sure i aint missed one out but my heart has been set on a jcm for ages
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
I've played both... I actually think the TSL has a warmer light crunch tone, but maybe that's just me. I'm just ****ing sick of people jumping on the DSL>>>> TSL bandwagon when they haven't played either - it's very misleading for people who want actual knowledge.
That aside, I wouldn't buy either as there are definitely better alternatives for the money.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.