So I bought a new cable yesterday, it's a €15 Stagg one, and when I hooked it up I had unbelievably crazy buzz.. I have a wah pedal and a overdrive pedal hooked up between my guitar and amp, and the buzz would be acceptable if I turn off the overdrive one, but if I turn it on it's just redicilous..
It didn't used to be like that with my previous cable, but I had to buy a new one 'cause it sortof broke off.. Yeah don't know how that happened but it did, I'm not sure which brand that was, it came with my first guitar and amp, but that one never gave so many buzzing..

Are cables allowed to do that? It just seems weird that they would sell them, I guess I'll take them back and try to get my money back, but then I still won't have a cable, and it's a fairly small music shop so it's the only brand they have.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Sure, they can do that. Take it back and buy an expensive one. Less noise and better tone...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Ive used stagg cables before and theyve never done that, now i have a £20 cable that's lasted me since last christmas so try swapping cables. maybe you just got a poor one, ask the shop manager to test it.
I have one of the noisiest set-ups ever, it doesn't really bother me. Well, not the noisiest ever by a long shot, but there is noise. I have a stagg lead, it's fine for me, it's lasted ages and it's not noisy. But if that one is noisy, take it back and exchange it. It happens, just like you get dud strings.
^ No, you can. You can get other cables which are just as good, but cost much less than the Monsters.
Quote by mr_hankey
^ No, you can. You can get other cables which are just as good, but cost much less than the Monsters.
This. Live Wires ftw.
Quote by mr_hankey

Indeed:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pro-Co-Lifelines-Instrument-Cable?sku=330500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Instrument-Cable?sku=332100
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Quote by PunishedOne

theres still better ones for cheaper but that all depends how long the cable is

but you want a type that says low noise on it and you'll be fine, you may want to put lock tight to keep the heads from unscrewing
Thanks alot guys I got my money back and bought a Monster one in a different store No more buzzing!
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Heck yeah Dimarzio cables are the ****, but they might rip up if you drag them through razer wire or try to catch a shark with them.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN